Chapter 25

Chapter 25

            I nodded to Sean, to let him know I was ready. I waited for him to unravel his whip, before raising my hand again. This time I brought it around swiftly swiping it across every stomach, shredding the flesh and muscle. I brought the whip back swiping it across every chest, shredding the flesh and dragging it across all their bones. As soon as my whip hit the last man in line, Sean followed in order.

            His whip sliced clean. Every man’s thighs were cut wide open. On its way back he hit them all right above the pelvic bone. I continued after him, I wasn’t going to allow any man to pass out before I was done. I wanted them to feel every hit. I nailed them all in the knee caps, making minced meat out of them. As I dragged my whip back over their calves, McKayla’s tears soaked through my shirt.

            I began gently massaging her head, doing all I could do to soothe her. My yanking on my whip as it would get caught in the last man’s bones would cause it to come within inches of her. I couldn’t let her go, and I couldn’t stop.

            As Sean’s whip came back ending on Alex, the snap of the whip and Alex’s yelp, caused McKayla’s arms to fly up to my waist. I raised my hand. “This is it for this group,” I said to McKayla and Sean as I brought my whip around. Slashing them all just below the neck then brought it back right below the last hit. I picked McKayla up the second the whip stopped.

            “I’ll be back, hang the next group,” I ordered to Sean, dropping my whip on the floor and turning to leave. McKayla simply needed a break from the room.

            I set her down on the floor across the hall from the room. “You did well in there, baby,” I said, sitting on the muddy floor and leaning against the crumbling rock wall.

            “I grabbed a hold of you after one of the snaps,” she protested. I reached up tugging her down by me.

            “I was expecting that a lot sooner. Do you know who cried out after the snap?”  I asked genuinely curious.

            “No, why?”

            “It was Alex.”  I placed my arm around her shoulders as the prison guards started to enter the room across from us, to help move the men.

            “I stained your shirt,” she protested again

            “I got the back of your dress and your hair dripping red. I think we’re even.”  I smirked.

            We sat in silence listening to the chains beginning to unlock. I couldn’t take the suspense any longer; I needed to know. “What did I do to you when I went feral?”  I was afraid of the answer of how badly I hurt her.

            “You cut my throat with all your nails when you pried me away from Alex. When you threw me back, I hit the wall and snapped my neck and back.”

            “You’re lucky. I could have done a lot worse,” I said, shameful of myself.

            “That’s what they kept saying. Even when you were feral you didn’t mean to hurt me, but to get me out of the way. I’m sorry,” she mumbled fidgeting with her fingers.

            “We were both in the wrong. I’m sorry too, but it was the past, how about we leave it there?”  I asked smiling. She nodded in agreement, curling up into my side.

            I reached into my pocket as I heard the last of the chains unlocking, and pulled out my pack of cigarettes. “Want one?  You don’t need to inhale. It’s just fun to blow the smoke on the conscious prisoners’ open cuts,” I mischievously suggested.