Chapter 18

It's short, so I thought I wouldn't make you all wait for it.

            McKayla was unconscious for three days. A part of me wanted her to wake up, the other part, wanted her to stay unconscious until she was back to normal. Her skin was healing over, but it was silvery, white and red in spots. The scars would go away in a few more days. Her hair had grown to chin length, and that too, would be back to normal length in a few days. She needed to stay unconscious for a few more days, I don’t want her to see what she looks like now.

            I refused to leave her side, unless I needed to feed in order to feed her. I wouldn’t take any chances of letting those slayers seeing where she was or having any gratification in what they did to her. Jessica and Jenna were wanting to help, by offering me their blood, even after having blood transfusions. It was nice they wanted to help, but they were beginning to look like they did when they first came here, sick and  anemic.

            Samantha was coming by, helping feed McKayla also. Her guilt was becoming annoying. No one would have ever thought someone would or could bring Alex back.  I couldn’t turn away her help, I needed it and so did McKayla.

            Alexis and Michael were back at school; they’d come up here every night before and after school to sit with their mother until Brady and Serena came to get them. They still needed to sleep, feed, go to school and be teenagers, but to get them to understand that was a different story. They left every night kicking and screaming and it tore me apart. They wanted to be here when McKayla wakes up.

            The secretary from their school, Emma, was found by my guards a few hours after they captured Bruce and his men. She was hiding in their hideout in the cave where we found McKayla. She was the one who turned Annabelle only eleven years ago. The werewolves got loose and into the meeting hall where I used to have the humans during their social time. One of them got a hold of Annabelle and almost killed her. I carried her from the hall, she was fighting with all she had to stay alive. She was only thirteen years old. Emma, who was one of her nannies at the time, begged me to let her turn her. I couldn’t say no after seeing McKayla’s fear and Annabelle’s mother sobbing. I fired Emma after the humans were released, I had no need for her. I kept Annabelle, because Emma threatened to kill her. She claimed Annabelle would only be a nuisance. So I kept Annabelle, making her my head servant and making sure she was being taken care of. She was a well behaved girl and didn’t deserve Emma.

(4/2/2013 for those who are curious. The little girl, Annabelle, lived!!!)

            Annabelle blamed herself for being foolish enough to even believe a human, twice her human age, would fall for her. She feels guilty for ever trusting and loving her maker, even after she stranded her. She tried committing suicide by slicing her throat, and she almost succeeded. Because of being changed at such a young age she is only mentally fifteen. I don’t know how to make her feel better. I had Sean watching over her for me, and I planned to go down and see her as soon as McKayla was able to come with. She needed to see McKayla completely healed. I never should have let her see her any other way, but I had to keep her safe. I knew if Bruce or his men got in the building, the torture chambers would be the first place they would go. He would have wanted his witch back. As long Sean stays near Annabelle, I know she’ll be fine.

            Sean maybe a hundred year old vampire and built like a brick house, but his body is stuck at the age of  sixteen. I believe Annabelle may have found the right soul mate.

Annabelle may be stuck in time as a thirteen year old, but she was a very mature looking thirteen year old. She is very petite, but she does have curves that make her look older. They would make a cute couple if one of them would open their mouths and speak their feelings. It’s funny, I’ve never pictured Sean to be the shy type. Girls go crazy over his red hair and blue eyes and he knows it and usually uses it to his advantage. Were as Annabelle, she is very pretty, but she thinks her brown hair and brown eyes are plain. In reality, her brown eyes are very dark and mysterious looking and chocolate brown hair is long, flowing and vibrant.