The Delhiite Lover

The Delhiite Lover…

Life is a mystery as we know it already but I am not here to tell you about something that you already know, but something that most of you would have experienced at some point in your life no matter you are a teenager or an adult, a man or a woman, a boy or a girl, and that amazingly addictive, cunning, beautiful, foolish, wise, uncontrollable, involuntary feeling is called Love.

Liars are those people who say that love happens only once. Poor fish are those who go by this belief. Love can happen anytime, anywhere, with anyone, for any reason. I wouldn’t be surprised even if a new born baby has feelings for the nurse. Aaah.. ok exaggerated, I accept that but I want to make my point clear. That’s all.

Born in the capital of one of the most unique countries in the world, I have lived quite an eventful life myself here in Delhi, India. Delhi , also referred to as the ‘dillwalon ki dilli’ (Delhi of the big-hearted people) gives birth to numerous love stories each passing second with a school kid proposing a girl of her class, or sometimes even seniors and juniors, with a Romeo giving a red rose and an Archies card for his Juliet, with college students bunking lectures to spend time with other students with whom their hearts rest,… at a mall, a coffee shop of a renowned company, inside a park of a nearby colony, on the bench, behind the hedges, under the tree, beside the boundary wall and the list of such places goes on and on with the new generation thing of new ideas to plan their secret rendezvous. The air in Delhi smells of love and affection, along with the smell of smoke of course. 

It should also be noted that not every lover gets his or her share of love in return. Not every Romeo gets his Juliet. That is when love turns into desperation, born out of a green-eyed monster called jealousy. These, not so lucky people then have to live in a state of desperation, anxiety, thirst for vengeance, and want for fulfilment of their desires mostly associated with infatuation. These people then waste their time finding ways to execute their insane ideas ultimately ruining their lives as well as the lives of many people around them. 

But those people who succeed in this seemingly almost impossible task enjoy their lives in the best way a human can. It can thus be inferred that one should not waste their time on a person who does not feel about him/her in the same way as he/she feels about them. Rather one should just move on. It’s easier said than done, but then there is nothing we can do about it, can we? Don’t spoil your life just because someone refused to jump in bed with you. Instead, divert your mind onto other things until you forget that person and then look for someone else you might like. This may be a very long process and may seem like a never ending task and a quite embarrassing one too, when you face rejection… but trust me, it’s worth it. At some point or later, you are bound to find that special someone who loved you more than you loved him/her. The world hasn’t run out of people of the opposite sex, has it?