2

"Elodie!" a woman shouted across from the beach. "The Mitchell's have arrived."

removing herself from the water and clambering up to a higher viewpoint, the girl waved back at the woman.

"I'm coming, mama."

Her mother turned and started walking back up the beach onto the road. thinking for a moment, Elodie walked towards the edge of the rocks where they met the sea, taking off her leopard print jacket and flinging it into the water ( leaving her in only a flower skirt and bra ). it was quicker to swim. and more fun.

the sea welcomed her and she dived in, hugging her, pushing her towards the beach. clutching the soggy jacket in one hand she swam as fast as she could, limbs kicking, arms flailing. the waves bubbled, swelled, whispered with her as she neared the beach and tickled the sand with her toes. the sea really had a kick to it that day. icy.

scrabbling up and up as the sand got closer to the surface, Elodie dived under for one final time, running her hands through her hair and her fingers through the fluorescent water. as she ascended out onto the beach the sea seemed to release her ( orgasmically! ) clinging on to her body for as long as it possibly could.

the jacket was heavy in her arms, pulpy and wet, but even so she embraced it around her unsheltered nakedness ( lacy bra, granny knickers ). beginning to run now, up the steps, past Madeleine who was walking back up the main road, past the card players, past the bar (dirty sandwiches), past the colours. she was walking, then running, further, faster, trying to reach home before their guests did.

The Mitchells were family friends, Mark having been her father's sailing mentor, and his wife a dear friend of her mother. their daughter, Dora, was 3 years older than Elodie, and the last time she had seen her she was a scraggly young seventeen year old, just like Elodie was now. The family were looking for a villa in St Barths, and so were staying for a considerable amount of time to scout the island.

"why are you wet? they are about to arrive?"
her mother asked, poking her head out onto the street with a worried look.

"I can get changed I have time."

Elodie heard the rumble of a car around the bend ahead and looked at her mother.

"Get next to me right now, young lady."

Tiptoeing up the cement, still dripping wet, she positioned herself next to her mother who stood inches away.

The car was a classic beauty, and Elodie smiled at the familiar discomfort of Mark's half smile and his smoky beard. his wife, being the plump old woman she was, had a beaming smile. Elodie couldn't see who was sitting in the backseats, but as the car pulled up and the doors were opened she was taken back by the loveliness of the young girl who stepped out of the velvet chairs of the Pontiac. her hair glowed, her cheeks as well, and her smile made Elodie envious. and what was that? a hand on Dora's hip? a man's hand? why certainly, the muscularity of it was apparent.

out behind Dora he came, tall, drooping brown curls, a baby blue shirt and shorts. as soon as he stood out of the car his eyes were diverted to Elodie and he held a lock with her for a few seconds. was he confused, disgusted or allured to this girl who stood, soaking wet, in only a jacket, at the side of the street? his face wasn't about to reveal the answer.

a jubilant scream popped out of Julie as she ran towards Elodie's mother.

"ah, Lara I've missed you so bloody much!"

Elodie has forgotten all the exuberance this woman could contain.

"you look amazing," smiled back her mother, Lara, as she was thrown into a hug. after release she turned to the man and shook his hand.