Chapter 1

Nevasca Andersen. That is the name of the girl who never quite fit in with the rest of her family. It was blatantly obvious she was adopted, and despite the Andersens bringing her up as their own, the blonde girl was always different. She woke up in her pale blue bed and groaned, remembering she was going to be left at home today since her "parents" were to go on business trips. Nevasca crawled out of bed wearing her lilac pajamas and sauntered to her closet. There, she grabbed a white sleeveless shirt that had "Taco Tuesdays" written on the front, black leggings, then her underwear. She made her way to the bathroom right across from her blue room and took a bath then dressed up. She then ate breakfast, not really knowing what the meal her "parents" prepared for her is. After she brushed her teeth and put her shoes on, Nevasca rushed to her room, suddenly remembering it was August eighteen- a rather important day for two reasons. The first reason is that it was her friend, Aries' birthday, and the next... She turned her computer on and opened up Skype. She called her friend that she met online who gave her an extremely big opportunity of changing her life; looking for her real relatives. Now, this friend is part of a group in Colorado, America called the "Resistance". The Resistance was originally a group that was anti-war and saved people. Now, the group of kids and adults go on missions set by the government against terrorist groups and on the side, the kids help others not just psychologically, but also in other ways, such as how Nevasca's friend, Gregory, was offering to help her find her real family. The boy appeared on the screen, his golden blonde hair in his usual Rivaille's undercut, his icy blue eyes staring deeply into Nevasca's soul, and his fair skin as clean as ever. Gregory spoke, "Hello, Nevasca. Are you and Aries ready to go to the docks and leave what you call a 'stupid life' behind?" he flashed the sly smirk Nevasca knew and remembers from the first day they became friends, and Nevasca nodded, "I contacted Aries last night. She says she's scared, but she's willing and wants to be part of the research team no matter what." Gregory hummed and fixed his maroon button up, "Anyways, I want you to know who is picking you up," he looked at Nevasca straight in the eye and continued, "Nevasca. I have told you before that the Resistance keeps track of kids all over the world, right? Well, it means we've been watching from the start. Do you know who Taishii is?" Nevasca nodded, "Yeah, she's the girl who's addicted to cartoons and gaming in class." Chuckling, Gregory put his chin on his left hand, "Taishii is actually a spy for the Resistance. H- she'll be picking you both up at the docks." Nevasca nodded and rubbed the back of her neck, "Alright, bye, Gregory. See you..."

"Tonight."

"Tonight." Nevasca repeated. Gregory gave a curt nod before ending the video chat. Nevasca sighed and decided to get her butt over to Aries' house before it gets kicked by her. Leaving the house (and locking it), Nevasca noticed that everything seemed a little brighter than usual. Maybe it was because she was happy? Nonetheless, she walked down the street to Aries' house, where she was greeted by the button nosed, black haired girl, Aries, herself, "Nevasca! Hey! Come in, come in," she said, ushering her friend into her rather plain house. Nevasca looked around at the familiar white and brown house, still regarding it as her second home while growing up. Nevasca was suddenly jerked out of her trance when a slightly tanned hand grabbed her shoulder, "Are you okay? If this is about... You know... Then, you could always cancel the plan."

"What plan?" Aries' dad chimed in. The fat man had a bald spot in his black hair with rather thick glasses helping his brown eyes see and slightly darker skin than Aries. Aries' mouth just hung open, her expression was one of shock. Nevasca thought of a lie immediately, "On Tuesday. We plan on visiting Lannie's funeral." Aries' dad frowned, "Lann- oh..." he remembers the brunette friend of the two who had recently died of Leukemia. Little did he know the two girls would be gone by then. He clears his throat, "You... Want to go? I mean, are you sure you can handle seeing her in a casket?" Nevasca and Aries looked at each other and nodded. Aries' dad nodded as well and left. Aries let out a sigh than whispered, "Thank you." The girls ran to Aries' room which was painted pink. The black clad girl locked her room and sat on her bed and Nevasca sat beside her, "Happy birthday." Aries laughed, "Thanks, you remembered." They decided to just talk about life and how they were feeling about running away from the familiar California to the cold mountains of Colorado. They soon got bored, "Want to chat with Gregory? Maybe ask him to introduce us to someone so we have a friend?" Aries asked. Nevasca laughed, "Dude, Taishii is picking us up- she's part of the Resistance."