Chapter 15

Happy birthday to me!!!! (Also I have a vanladd book now if ya want to check it out :))

Jonathan was thrown off guard by the sound of something falling, silence following right behind it. After a couple more minutes of silence, Jonathan begins to worry about his friend.

"Evan?" He called out, venturing out of the kitchen, leaving the dishes on the table like Evan had told him. Jonathan goes up the stairs, trying to calm himself down and assure himself that nothing was wrong. "Evan?" The boy called out once more.

He reaches the top of the stairs with a gasp, seeing Evan's collapsed form a few feet from his doorway. "Evan!" He rushes forward, only to find that Evan's breathing is slightly irregular. Immediately, he panics, pulling out his phone to call for help only to stop himself.

"Think logically, Jon." He whispers as he gets closer to his unconscious friend. "Why would he have passed out? Anxiety, he could have anxiety, which is probably the cause because he gets very nervous at times." He speaks aloud softly to himself, since this is usually what calms him down enough to think through all possible outcomes in stressful situations.

After a few more minutes of thought, he deduced that anxiety must've been the main cause. He wants to shake the boy awake, but doesn't since he read somewhere that you're not supposed to touch people who are having anxiety attacks, but Jonathan was unsure if that was how Evan's anxiety worked.

So, still unsure of how to handle the situation, Jonathan instead took a few steps back, sitting cross-legged on the ground so he could wait for Evan to wake up. Luckily, he had grabbed his phone earlier, so he took it out and checked his notifications, being sure to text his mom that he would be home later and that he was safe.

After texting his mom, Jonathan decides to text his best friend, Luke, to pass the time.

Jonathan: hey loser, what's up?

Luke: nothin, hbu

Jonathan: just hanging out at Evan's house, he made me breakfast

Luke: ur still there??? Did u spend the night or smthng?

Jonathan: yea I spent the night

Luke: so is he good in bed?

Jonathan: wtf? Nothing happened dude

Luke: dude u can tell me it's fine I'm bi

Luke: I've had sex with Anthony like three times

Jonathan: Evan hasn't even hit on me don't get ahead of yourself

Luke: that's impossible, has had to have hit on you by now

Jonathan: well he hasn't??? We've actually been working on our project???? Unlike some bitches???

Luke: you don't need to throw shade I got an umbrella bitch

Jonathan: did you open it inside? Cuz maybe that's why you're unlucky

Luke: hey I'm not the virgin here

Jonathan: having sex doesn't make you cool

Luke: yes because that's the purpose of a juul duh

Jonathan: alright I'm leaving fuck this shit I'm out

Jonathan chuckles to himself as he locks the phone, eyes glancing up to see Evan stirring from his previous unconscious state. Originally, he was going to say something, but held his tongue in case it started the boy.