three

I peeked from my locker door as I spotted Ruibin and Lifen walking inside the school. I sighed, what does she have that I don't?

"Wow, you look glum," I heard a certain voice from beside me. "The sun is shining and you look like someone who was hit by a rainstorm."

"What do you want, Yanchen?" I bluntly asked. "I already gave you your hotpot over the weekend."

He smirked, "And it was delicious, thank you,"

I rolled my eyes and was about to close my locker when he slammed the door. "You know how much girls like me right?"

"I'm not seeing it," I replied, shaking my head.

"Of course you have! Remember that girl in the restaurant? She went up to me as soon as I took my seat."

I feel like facepalming myself, "That's because she was the waitress."

Yanchen scoffed, "Then how do you explain the times where she comes back to our table?"

"That's because you broke the stove a few times," I explained. "Are we done here? I still have a class and we're classmates in this one."

"Class, smash, Math is boring anyway,"

"Our class is English," I sighed. "Do you even go to this school?"

"Anyway," Yanchen changed the topic as we walked towards our room. "You remember my girlfriend, right? I need your help."

"If you're planning to get back at her, I'm going to have to say no,"

"No! It's not that. I want to make her jealous."

I stopped in my tracks, "Why?"

"Well, joining that couples' event thing made me realize how much I like her." He admitted. "And I want her back."

"So," I tried keeping with his insane idea. "You want me to pretend we're a couple and make her jealous?"

"Yes!" Yanchen exclaimed as we walk in the room. "Now, you're getting my idea!"

"And here I am, walking away from your idea." I said, as I walked towards my seat beside Bangbang.

I smiled at him and once I did he was pulled out of his seat. Bangbang isn't the type to argue so he would just say okay, and leave it be.

"Why did you push Bangbang out?!" I asked Yanchen in an annoyed tone.

"He'll get over it," Yanchen said as we watch Bangbang sit at the back.

"Of course he would! He's Bangbang! But that doesn't give you the right to -"

I didn't finish my sentence because he was already covering my mouth. "Sshh."

He noticed a few people looking at us, "Sorry. She's on her period. You know how girls are."

I removed his hand from my mouth, "I don't know what's worse. You sitting here beside me or you announcing to the whole world that I'm on my period."

"Hey, if you said yes in the first place this wouldn't have happened." He suddenly discovered what I did to his hand. "And gross. Are you really a girl?" Yanchen wiped his palm on my shoulders.

I scratched my head, "If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

"That depends. Yes to the question or yes to my favor?"

"Should I just text my brother and pick me up?" I massaged my forehead. "I feel like I'm having a migraine."

Yanchen nudged my elbow, "Are you gonna help me or not?"

I sighed, closing my eyes. "Fine! I'll help. On one condition."

"You want hotpot?" He asked.

"No."

"You want Ruibin to ask you out on a date?"

"Do you want me to get killed by Lifen?"

"She's sweet, she's not a murderer."

I bit my lip, trying to decide on what to ask in return. "Ugh, I'll just tell you when I think of something up."

"Good," He started ruffling my hair. "Great doing business with you."

Yanchen stood up and a few minutes later, Bangbang sat beside me again.

"Sorry, about that," I whispered.

"It's okay, I'm used to it." Bangbang shrugged. "Did you just make a deal with the devil?"

I practically laughed at his question, "Did you hear everything?"

"Some of it."

"It's nothing really. It's just a favor,"

Bangbang nods as the teacher walked in, "I'm just telling you to be careful around him, Mingzhu. He's not famous for nothing."