Part 2 (Jesse)

Jesse was sitting on her couch reading her book she checked out from the library that day. She just loved reading. Especially adventure stories. They reminded her of her adventures with her friends. She heard a knock at the door and reluctantly set it down to answer the door. She opened the door to see Lukas standing there holding a bouquet of roses. Her favorite flowers. A smile spread across her face, "Hey Lukas!" 

"H-hey Jesse," Lukas smiled back. His eyes darted around nervously, "I was wondering if you wanted to come on a date with me to Anderson's tomorrow." Jesse gaped. EEEEKKK! He asked me out! I can't believe it! He actually likes me! Well maybe, don't act like you'll get married or anything. It's just a date. The thoughts made her happy nonetheless. She thought of marriage before, and couldn't see it with anyone other than Lukas. That wasn't weird, right? She hoped not. Hurt flashed across Lukas' face, "It's fine if you don't want to... Sorry if that made you feel weird."

"W-what, no!" Jesse came back into reality, "Err. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like I didn't want to. I would love to!" She put a hand on his cheek making him look her in the eye, "I mean it." Relief and excitement came over him. He smiled back, "Cool beans. I'm looking forward to it then." He handed her the roses, "Jess and Petra will go too if Petra says yes." 

Jesse laughed and smelled the roses, "Thanks for these. Let's see if he pulls that off." Lukas said, "Yeah. I'll come get you at six tomorrow." 

"Okay," She said. They waved to one another and he slowly backed up, "I'll see you later." He tripped over a block of concrete, caught himself and laughed nervously, "Umm... Bye I guess."

Jesse laughed, "Bye." She waved and slowly shut the door. She heard Lukas quietly say, "YES!" and walked away humming happily. Jesse laughed and sniffed the roses again. I'm so excited for this! Hopefully he really likes me, and isn't just asking me out to make me happy or anything. Lukas wouldn't lie to me about something like this. She reassured herself. She hopped up and went to her room to find a dress. She came across her 'wedding dress' she'd received from Carson.

(Flashback to first book)

"What should I do with this?" Jesse asked looking down at her dress, "It's beautiful, but it's going to remind me of my 'fiance.'" She said with air quotations. 

Lukas smiled, "You can either do that or think of it as the time your awesome friends heroically saved your life. I think that you should go with my idea and keep it. It suits you well." A blush came over his face. (Back to present)

The reason she kept it was because Lukas thought she looked beautiful in it. She still thought it would be a bit weird if she wore it, so she set it aside. She narrowed it down to two dresses: a blue high-low dress with long sleeves and diamonds on the top half, and a green slightly poofy one that went down to her knees and rubies on the top half. She thought deeply for a bit.

"I think you should go with the green one."

Jesse jumped and turned around to see her brother standing there. She rolled her eyes, "You can knock you know." 

"Nah, surprises are better." He shrugged the subject off, "I knew you'd say yes." Jesse glared at him, "Of course I did. I can't reject free food." That wasn't the only reason she said yes though, and Jess knew it. Jess laughed, "Oh whatever. You like Lukas and wanted  him to ask you out. You sound like Petra blaming the yes on the food." He immediately regretted bringing Petra into the conversation. He knew Jesse was going to get revenge.

Jesse teased, "Oh so you got the warrior to say yes? Looks like she has a soft spot for dorks. You've got a crush!" He shifted, "No I don't! I had to make this date less suspicious, okay? I'm not going to let Lukas take you to a fancy restaurant without me to keep watch over you. I'm your brother. I need to do my job, so yes. It's a double date."

Jesse raised her eyebrows, "Sure, sure. And Petra cries watching kitten videos." She lied, "I know you like her. You suck at lying." Jess glared at her, "Okay, so what if I might have feelings for Petra?" Jesse laughed, "I know that already. Let's make a deal for this date. No embarrassing comments about one another." She extended her hand.

Jess thought for a bit, "I'm down for that." He shook her hand to agree to the deal, "Let's see how this date actually plays out." He smiled.