004 | dwindling trust.

Start from the beginning

"it is beautiful isn't it?" namjoon perked, smiling at his pink-haired supporter. not expecting this, a violent blush painted the elders cheeks as his eyes widened. making an incomprehensible sound of confusion and all types of pent up feelings, jin settled on giving a curt nod before looking away—bangs doing a good job at curtaining his flushed expression.

obviously not missing this, jimin gave a surprised gasp at what just happened. hoseok followed suit and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, (absolutely embarrassing jin), noticing that the rosette looked at namjoon in a way past the boundaries of mere friendship. yoongi on the other-hand, just rolled his eyes before keeping pace.

"so let me reiterate the plan since we're about to hit the bridge connected to the other side," namjoon spoke up, cleanly dispersing the air of whatever happened moments before—much to jin's liking.

adjusting his good arm around jin's neck, the blonde winced at his injury brushing the rosette's side. however he paid no heed, and continued on.

"cutting across the bridge over the grand pond, we'll look for any entrance point in the building there. afterwards, we'll follow the halls out to the main building and from there on we should be able to escape."

a series of nods followed his words, the group feeling more or less relieved at how simple it sounded. "sounds like a plan." jin nodded, remnants of a summer blush still on his cheeks.

"to think that it'll be this easy?" jimin wondered aloud, smiling once he saw a grand red bridge ahead.

"easy, huh."

at that moment, it felt like the night breeze had dropped several degrees. stopping almost immediately, everyone was on edge. choking on his words, the brunette was the first to look back. everyone else followed.

"you guys aren't as clever as i made you out to be! thanks for the trail!" jeongguk laughed, waving a familiar hand gun around, analogously to a baby waving around a ring of keys. gasping, namjoon wore a regretful and guilty expression, as he noticed his arm injury had actually created a small trail of blood wherever they had went. noticing his grimace, the noirette grinned before aiming.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" yoongi yelled, hiding behind a grand tree, with jimin running after him. the others were quick to hide as well, namjoon and jin hiding off the side of the grand bridge, and hoseok trembling behind another tree surrounded by several emerald green bushes. it was a miracle no one got caught by the hot pursuit of flying bullets, and yoongi smirked when jeongguk had ran out.

peeking out from the tree yoongi tried seeing what the noirette was up to now, put off by the sudden silence. meanwhile, jimin held his arm tightly–fearing for the ravenette's well-being.

"seung-gi!" jeongguk called, before kicking the gun into a nearby pond. arriving by almost immediately, the butler came bearing another mystery bag. digging into it, a glinting machete was handed to the noirette, this coming off as unsettling to those hiding.

machete in one hand and what looked go be several small black spheres in the other, a maniacal smile cracked across his face.

"now this wouldn't be fun without a twist right? let's smoke you all out." jeongguk laughed, before throwing the balls to the ground. emitting a great smoke, that made it extremely hard to breath, jimin began rubbing furiously at his eyes.

"by the way, some of these bombs carry tear gas. i'd like to see you escape now!" the maniac cackled, before diving into the smoke and looking for any victims.

panicked, hoseok let out a terrified shriek before running away from the smoke. unfortunately, his scream gave away where namjoon and jin were.

"h-hoseok! where are you-" jin cried out, before letting out a string of harsh coughs. absolutely disgusted at the way the mahogany haired coward ran away, and practically exposed where they were–jin glared heatedly in hoseok's direction.

"w-wait these bombs are everywhere!" namjoon coughed, wriggling out from jin's hold and pinning the rosette against the bridge's wall. surprised, the rosette's eyes grew exponentially wide.

"find the others, i'll distract him." namjoon said with the utmost finality, before heading into a sea of smoke. paying no heed to jin's harsh whispers demanding him to come back, the blonde took to crawling beneath the smokescreen and gathering as many bombs as he could.

"you're practically asking to be killed, huh?" jeongguk cackled, once he spotted namjoon crawling near him. raising the machete high, namjoon panicked since the arm holding the bombs—his injured arm—wouldn't move. 'shit!' the blonde cursed in his head, before bracing for the impact.

however a familiar shriek accompanied by the snarls of several dogs was all it took to distract jeongguk. in came hoseok running as if his life depended on it (and it sure did) from several fully-grown, bloodthirsty dobermans.

not wasting he miracle of a chance this had been, namjoon switched the bombs into his other hand and smashed them all to the ground at once, throwing a few darker ones right at the noirette.

from the way the smoke affected them all, his eyes burned when the darkly shaded bombs exploded—which was all he needed to understand that they held the tear gas.

giving a sharp yell, the machete was brought down as the teen began wiping his eyes like a madman. taking the opportunity, namjoon tried getting to his feet, before someone helped him up.

"let's go!" jin yelled, before running with a surprised but relieved namjoon into the bridge. standing there had been hoseok (who had managed to lose those dogs in the smokescreen), jimin, and yoongi, all behind a huge black bag.

"yoongi stole the bag, come here quick!" jimin pleaded, and the two followed suit. once everyone was on the other side—the brunette nodded at the ravenette, who in turn looked ahead at the smoke.

"haha, you little shits!" hoseok laughed confidently, throwing several bombs at the dogs barking ferociously off the side of the bridge, before stepping behind yoongi.

"now!" yoongi yelled, before throwing the bag up high and running across the bridge—with the rest following. they were about halfway when a mega-explosion set off, the bag finally hitting the bridge's surface.

nearly all of the garden had been enveloped in a thick blanket of smoke, and the group wasted no time getting across the bridge before coming across a sudden problem.

'with all this smoke, where should we go?' yoongi worried anxiously, before a couple choices came to mind.

-

VOTE:
where should they seek refuge?

a) the forest surrounding the mansion. though, who knows what horrors lie there?

b) the basement off the side of side b's building. it'll kill some time, but may prove to be the safest route.

c) make a mad dash into side b's building. however jeongguk will be able to catch up.