I look in Jennie's direction and she quickly turns her head the other way. "Fuck. I need to her off me. I didn't think she'd actually get attached."

"Oh she's attached alright." Jin assures.

"Come on. One of you get her off my back."

"That's too much help, Jimin. This is a bet. Remember?"

The bell rings indicating that lunch is over. We get up from the table and toss our trash on the way out.

"Jimin!" When Jennie's voice rings in my ears I curse under my breath.

My friends keep walking ahead and they all give me looks.

"Jennie. Hey." I reply awkwardly scratching my head. She smiles at me although she looks nervous.

"You never texted." She comments still with a smile in her face. It looks more like a sad smile now.

"Yeah it's cause I've — I've just been busy."

"Oh! That's fine. So maybe we could hang out or something?"

"Uhh—"

Yoonji walks by me with her brother. She looks at Jennie and then at me. I immediately want to go after her but Jennie grabs my hand bringing my attention back to her.

"So?"

"Maybe. I have to go. I'll see you later."

I quickly walk to reach Yoonji but she's already out of sight.

•••

Yoonji is walking down the steps carrying books in her hands like usual. I quickly drop the cigarette in my lips and walk to her.

I'm not sure why's she's here if it's already after school hours, but since her brother is not I take advantage of this.

"Yoonji!"

She looks up spotting me and walks faster towards her car. "Yoonji!" She keeps ignoring me and only walks faster.

"Hey! I know you hear me."

She finally stops and I run to her stepping in front of her. "What do you want, Park?"

"Why're you here?"

"Why're you here?"

"You can't answer my question with a question." I say to which she responds by shrugging.

"I'm here because I have track practice. We have a break right now."

"Cool." She starts walking again and I grab her arm stopping her.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. I have no reason to be." She says coldly.

"If you're mad at that Jennie thing don't be! We're nothing."

"I never asked for an explanation."

"But I'm giving you one because I care about your opinion."

"I don't understand why."

"Because I —"

"Jimin!"

Shit.

Yoonji turns around and lands eyes on Jennie who's approaching us.

"Why're you hanging out with her?" She questions.

"Jennie not now."

"Who is she?"

"Why're you talking like I'm not here?" Yoonji snaps.

"Is she the new girl you're with? Huh?"

"Again, I'm right here you know."

Jennie's face turns a bright pink as she looks at Yoonji.

"Shut up." She hisses at her. I get in the middle and lightly move Jennie back.

"You shut up." Yoonji replies.

Dammit, Yoonji why can't you stay quiet?

"I think it's better if you leave." I say to Jennie. She responds by pulling away harshly. She turns around and starts walking.

I turn back to Yoonji once I think Jennie's gone, but suddenly Jennie pushes Yoonji out of nowhere.

"Jennie! Stop."

"You think you're special don't you? Well you're not! He's going to use you and throw you away. Don't flatter yourself. If he used me why wouldn't he use you? You even look like a dude!"

"Jennie!" I repeat this time harsher.

She gives me a cold look and walks away. Yoonji gets up from the ground and tries to go after her but I grab her stopping her.

"Let me go!" She screams.

"No, no, it's not worth it."

She groans pushing me away harshly. "This is your fault. She pushed me because of you. Who does she think she is pushing me around?"

She sounds like she's about to cry and this makes me feel weird inside. "Yoonji ..."

She whimpers pushing me away, "Just stay away from me. I don't need any problems." Her voice cracks at the end as fat tears spill from her eyes.

I've never seen a girl cry in front of me. I know I've hurt girls feelings before, but no one has cried in front of me.

The sight of seeing her eyes fill up with tears makes my heart feel like it's being squeezed too hard.

"Yoonji, don't cry. I'm sorry. She didn't mean that she's just angry at me and she shouldn't have taken that out on you."

She picks up her book bag and books. I kneel at the same time she does. We end up facing each other.

I slowly reach to wipe one of her tears. "Stay away from me. Please."

"I can't do that now." I whisper caressing her cheek.

She shakes her head and I lean in closer pressing my lips against hers. They're soft and taste just like I thought they would.

Like honey.