Awakening

Ambers Point Of View

As the last few buses made their way to the vast parking lot, all seniors were released off the bus. The lower grades would be dropped off later as they did every day of the school year. As I got off the bus, the last one as usual, the air kissed my exposed stomach and whipped through my hair. Passing by the few people catching each other up on what they have been up to over the short break, I made my way straight to the school building. As I entered, teachers were busily entering one room and exiting another, greeting the students with smiles and friendly waves, the fact that school had reopened had given me a rude awakening. Not looking for Jalexa or any of the people that usually had gotten me through the school day, I hurried to my locker to put away my things. Expecting Jalexa to be at her locker right next to me as I had always found her, she wasnt there today. Disappointing me, I grunted and hoped that my bestfriend didn't stay home and leave me by myself today. Not that she was the only person that I talked to in school, but we are always side by side in school, she's one of the people I can actually tolerate during school. Next to her was Natania, not even next to Jalexa, but on the same level as her. They were both my best friends and they were all I relied on. I had no clue if Natania had came to school today, and I probably wouldn't until lunch because our classes were on opposites sides of the school. As the bell rang I skipped to my first period class, being english. As sucky as it sounded, english was the best class to start the day, not only was the subject exceptionally easy for me, but, Mrs.Quinn had the funnest, brightest personality to start anyone's morning on the right foot. As the last few stragglers walked into the sunshine yellow room, Mrs.Quinn warmed everyone with a sweet "Good morning". She then walked over to the board and pointed to the things listed, stating that today we were going to watch a movie, take notes, and be tested tomorrow. She went over each thing, elaborated as much as she could, and then asked if there were questions. By the time the stupid questions and answers session was over, we had already been 30 minutes into class, leaving us with another 27 to go. Therefore, in my opinion, it was pointless to even start the movie. Someone how reading my mind, she suggested to the class that we might as well start the movie tomorrow and watch it for the whole period, then start it today and not even finish half of it. Since she wasn't continuing with the plans she originally had planned today, she gave use the rest of the period to do whatever we wanted. Not given much time, about 17 minutes to be exact, it was better than nothing. As I rested my head in my arms, I felt a poke on my back. Lifting my head, and rolling my eyes as I turned around, I found Tyler face to face with me. We had always been in the same class, but we had barely talked, assuming that saturday night was going to be the change of things, fixing my mean face and frowning eyebrows, I exchanged it out with a sweet smile.