10. A New Life

Mulai dari awal

"Julius?" supplied Harry.

"Yes, Julius Potter, your ancestor from long ago. I guess you've met him."

"Yeah, and I set up my security with him, which reminds me, I'll have to tell him to allow you in the house."

"Yes," said Sirius, "That would be helpful."

"Adam, Marissa," said Harry, turning his attention on Hermione's parents. "How have you been doing with that book Hermione sent you?"

"Well," said Mrs. Granger. "We've read it, and have tried building the walls like the book says, but it's hard to tell how we're doing without anyone to test us."

Hermione then turned to her mother. "Would you like me to test you now, so we know where we stand?"

She looked apprehensive. "I guess we'll have to have someone test us, and I'd rather it be you." Her father nodded in agreement.

"Ok," said Hermione. "Mum, I'll try you first. Look me in the eyes." They looked each other in the eyes for about five minutes. Both their faces appeared to concentrate more and more until finally Hermione ended it and spoke. "You did very well mum! I had to do almost a full power assault before I could get through. With more practice, I believe you'll be able to completely keep me or anyone else out of your mind. Dad, are you ready?" Her father nodded his head, and the same thing happened. He was at the same level as his wife.

When they were done, Sirius said questioningly, "You're studying Occlumency?"

"Yes," answered Hermione. "Harry and I have already learned both that and Legilimency."

"That's a bit surprising at your age, but I didn't know muggles could learn it."

"Muggles can learn Occlumency, but not Legilimency," said Harry knowledgably. "We found a book on it in the Potter library."

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Sirius and Harry arrived outside of Potter Manor about a half hour after that. Once Harry had told Sirius the address, he was able to apparate them outside the place, and the gate opened immediately for Harry.

"Er, Sirius," said Harry.

"Yeah pup."

"Because of the security arrangements, it would probably be best if you stay close to me so that the doors can't close you out."

"Ok," said Sirius, chuckling. "But as soon as we get in there I want you to tell Julius to let me in."

"Sure thing."

"You know," said Sirius, looking around. "I'd forgotten just how beautiful this place is, even when it's getting dark."

"Yeah," said Harry, with a smile on his face, "it really is. I'd love to spend all night exploring the grounds, but unfortunately, I have a lot of reading to do tonight, so if you don't mind, I'd like to hurry up and set the security so I can get to it."

"I understand pup," said Sirius. "You're trying to learn a year's worth of material in three weeks. Your mum would really be proud of you for that. She was always a dedicated student."

Harry smiled, "Like Hermione?"

Sirius chuckled, "Yep, just like Hermione."

As they approached the door to the mansion, it opened right up, and Harry let Sirius walk in ahead of him.

As he entered in, he saw Dobby appear right in front of Sirius Black and bow to the ground. "What friend of the great Harry Potter does Dobby have the privilege of addressing, sir?"