She looked at me with her red eyes. She placed her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my hands around her, holding her. "Thank you. For being there for me" she whispered. "Always" I said.

That was completely a new side of her. I've never seen her in so much pain. I am sure no one would have.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Veronica POV

"So the question is, who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat asked.

"Pierce" Steve responded. "Who happends to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world" Nat said.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star" Steve said.

"Who else was there? Anyone who stood out?" I asked in a very cracked voice due to all the crying. Steve and Nat looked at each other in realisation.

"Jasper Sitwell" Nat said. "So the real question is, how do the most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

"The answer is, you don't" Sam said dropping a file in front of us. "What's this?" Steve questioned. "Call it a resumé " Sam answer.

All three of us picked the photos that was on the file. It was Sam with his para rescue team.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Nat asked. "You didn't say he was a para rescue" I said to Steve.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked looking at a photo of Sam and his colleague. "Yeah" Sam replied sadly.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Nat asked "No.....these" and showed us a picture of his suit.

"I thought you said you were a pilot" Steve said smiling. "I never said pilot" Sam smirked.

"I can't ask you to do this Sam. You got out for a good reason" Steve said. "Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in" Sam replied.

"So, where can we get one?" I asked referring to the suit. "The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve inch steel wall" Sam said.

Me and Natasha looked at each other giving each other a small smile. "No problem" I said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was still waiting on the rooftop for them to arrive. The door burst open and Steve threw Sitwell across the rooftop.

"Ah! On time. I was getting bored" I said standing up. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm " Steve asked.

"Never heard of it" Sitwell said. "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star? " I asked. "I was throwing up, I get seasick" he replied when Steve forced him on the edge of the roof. Sitwell smiled.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because its really not your style, Rogers" Sitwell said.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers" Steve says and steps aside when Nat kicks him off the roof. He plummets down screaming.

"You should tell her" Nat said

"You should tell her" Nat said. "I'll tell her, eventually" Steve said. "Tell whom, what?" I asked confused. Suddenly Sam in his jet pack suit flys up holding Sitwell. He throws his down on the roof.

All three of us walked towards him when he held his hands up in surrender. "Zola's algorithm is a program....for choosing Insight's targets!" He said.

"What targets?" I asked. "You! Him..A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future" he said.

"That's a lot of people" I said. "The Future? How could it know!" Steve asked. Sitwell laughed.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your back records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls your damn SAT scores. Zola algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future" he said.

"And then?" I questioned. "Oh my God! Pierce is gonna kill me" he said. Steve caught him by his collar.

"And then what?" He shouted. "Then the Insight Hellicarrier scratches people off the list. A few million at a time. Thanks to your wonderful designs Dr. Booth" he said.

I used my powers to choke him with his tie. He fell on the ground struggling. "Ronnie we need him" Nat tried. But I didn't stop, I just wanted to kill him.

"Ronnie" Steve said stubbornly. I looked at him for a second and then retreated my hands. But still it was true. I designed them.

Read. Comment. Vote