Chapter 4

Jays POV

It was Wednesday night. While Lilly was taking a shower, I rummaged around the backpack to get the phone number. Apparently, Abby had had another phone number for Lilly, which made her only available to her daughter. After all, my sensed one hundred phone calls and messages were ignored by her.

I waited until Lilly went to bed and slept before I chose the new number from Abby.

"Hello." her voice said.

"Hello Abby. Long heard nothing from you." I said calmly.

"Jay... how did you know... Lilly." She stammered.

"Lilly knows nothing about it."

"What do you want? I don't have much time." she said angrily.

"I want to know from you why you leave your daughter" I said.

"My daughter? She is yours too. I had to get rid of my flight" she said.

"Why are you in the Army anyway? You have a child!" I said something louder.

"Maybe because the Army is my life. I've waived 7 years."

"That doesn't give you the right to impose a child on me and then go away!"

"Looks like the super-detective came to his limits." Abby said.

"Don't you understand what you've done? It was called a meeting in the park and not I did send the child by taxi and went off. Do you know what could have happened?" I said.

"If you don't want Lilly, send her to a boarding school." Abby said.

"Yes exactly. I'm sending a 7-year-old to the boarding school!" I ironed.

"What is your problem?" Abby asked.

"My problem is that I had a happy life with a girlfriend a few weeks ago, and from now on I must be playing daddy while you are in Afghanistan." I replied. I love my daughter very much. Never could I leave Lilly in the long run more, but Abby's behavior was not okay.

"I'm sorry Jay. The child also messed up my life." she said.

"Why didn't you tell me right from the beginning that I was supposed to take care of Lilly and you were away for a longer time?" I calmed down again and became quieter.

"I just didn't know how you react. I didn't know if you wanted a child." she said.

"Of course. Lilly is my child and a great little girl. How long do you stay?" I asked.

"Probably a whole year." she replied.

"In less than two weeks it's her birthday." I said softly.

"I know. She loves chocolate cream pie." she said.

„Who doesn't love chocolate pie." I grinned.

"Is Lilly doing well? Did she settled in? "Abby asked gently.

"Yeah, I think so. We spent the weekend at the zoo and waterpark. She's getting more relaxed." I said.

"That's nice to hear, Jay. Take care of our girl. Maybe we can make a videochat for her birthday." Abby said.

"She would be happy about it. Abby. Take care of yourself, too. Lilly needs you."

I finished the phone call and leaned back on the couch. Lilly will live here for a whole year? Definitely, I need a larger apartment. She needed her own room and I returned to a bed, although the sofa bed was okay. Above all, I have to save the relationship with Erin. Yes Lilly exists, but there is no reason why Erin should be angry. I knew nothing about Lilly and it was long before our relationship. I have not cheated to her. Erin would certainly be a good friend for her.