He looked exasperated as his shoulders fell. "Honestly, Casper? I would much prefer that. At least I'd know who and what I was dealing with." He gave me the letter that was in his hand and I gazed down at it.

I swiftly understood that it was a girl writing the note, and she stated she needed to 'get this off my chest.' At first, it seemed perfectly harmless. But then...

My eyes widened and I gaped at the words. "Wait wait wait..."

"Yes," he confirmed.

I lowered my voice as I read a part of the letter. "We could have our own place, our own getaway. Nobody would ever know about us, and I'm much better at keeping secrets than..." I swallowed, "Casper. You could... make love to me endlessly, and I'd please you endlessly as well." I frowned, scowling at the graphic words. "I'm not even gonna attempt to read the rest."

"Most of them are anonymous, which means this is all just some game to them."

"I'm quite literally disgusted." I dropped the note onto his desk. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? This is insanity."

"Exactly for that reason. I had no idea how to say, 'Casper, I'm receiving love letters from students.' And I'm sure they're only doing it to taunt me because I took interest in you, a student."

"I don't blame you," I understood. Once upon a short time ago, I had to utter the words 'Rowan is alive' and it was the hardest thing in the world to do. "So what do we do about this? I have an inkling that it won't stop, not for a while anyway. Do we just let it blow over?"

"I was thinking of going to the department about it, and I don't even know if I should get law enforcement involved. They might have the letters analyzed or something."

"You think... maybe since Rowan's a forensic attorney..."

"We're not bringing my ex into this," he firmly stated. I quickly nodded, trashing the idea, but he shook a finger at me. "I'm serious this time. I know you two are friends which is good but he's still my ex."

"No, I got it. I think contacting the school department is a great start. Make sure they find who's doing this. God this is..." I closed my eyes and let out a long breath. "I don't like it. I love you deeply and to know people are fantasizing about you-I can't..."

"I know. It bothers me just as much, love, possibly more."

I put my laptop into my backpack and turned back to him, silently drumming against his desk with the pads of my fingers. "So... Buggie's gonna get here any day now."

We smiled at each other in an uncontainable excitement. "A few of our friends including Akita are taking care of Dani. In the event we're not around, she'll have people available to take her to the hospital when necessary."

"Tomorrow I'm heading to the store to buy stuff for the nursery. Just some finishing touches I'm sure Dani will love. I'm thinking a really huge, soft teddy bear and some decor."

David chuckled. "I'll give you my credit card. Something tells me you'll splurge with all this baby craziness."

"I won't splurge. I've got a fixed budget and as soon as school's over, I'll start working."

He wasn't convinced, and I laughed at his deadpan expression. "What?" I giggled.

"Last month you went two hundred dollars over budget at that one store in the mall."

"Fine. I admit defeat, but I had a great excuse! And I would've went almost three hundred over budget had it not been for those sales."

"Right. And what was the store called?" he smirked. "Spencer's?"