Chapter 9: Operation: N64 + "Old Friends"

Start from the beginning

"Zofia. Are you in position?"

Zofia:"Approaching south side entrance now."

I waited several more seconds. Then I heard Zofia's voice.

Zofia:"In position. Should I concuss the room?"

"Yes. You and Echo disorient the enemies."

Echo/Zofia:"Copy."

I heard the sound of pulsing and concussion grenades exploding. Grunts and screams came from the floor below. Echo held the remote in his hand.

Echo:"Breaching."

The hatch exploded. He and I hopped down the hatch. I spotted 26 hostiles just in front of me. However, I just breathed in and held the trigger. I whipped around at lightning speeds. Feeding a bullet or two into a terrorist's head. Blood sprayed from their heads before the body fell backward. An explosion came from the south side. Zofia and Dokkaebi rushed into the room from a hole in the wall. They fired precise shots to hostiles.

Echo:"Clear."

Zofia/Dokkaebi:"Clear."

Lion:"Were clear on the outside."

I lowered my rifle slightly and looked over to the hostages. They were all cowering in fear. I walked over to a young Asian lady.

"Hey. Do you speak English?"

The lady looked at me in fear. Echo walked over and started to speak in Japanese.

Echo:"He asked if you speak English?"

She shook her head frantically. I then started to speak Japanese.

"It's okay. We're here to help you."

Lady:"N-No! You don't understand! A crazy man is here!"

I looked at her sternly.

"Who is this man?"

Lady:"I don't know! He says we'll play a game, but he has only been killing us. For fun!"

I turned to Dokkaebi.

"Hack the cams. Now!"

She went to tap on her tablet, but the lights went out. The hostages began to scream in fear, but the emergency lights began to blink. A faint red glow covered the building. Suddenly, someone started to cackle on the loudspeakers.

"Dokkaebi. Tell me you've got something."

Dokkaebi:"Nothing. Power outage killed all internet connections."

I turned to Zofia.

"Go secure the area with Lion and Fuze. We don't know who we're up against."

She nodded and exited the room. Echo went to free a hostage, but the hostage screamed in terror.

Hostage:"No! Please! Don't untie me!"