The Battle

Lucy was the first to awake, finding herself wrapped in Natsu's arms. His leg was slung over her and she was nestled into his chest. Blushing, she thought about her dream where she had confessed to Natsu how she really felt about him.

She gently tried to untangle herself from his arms, which of course woke him up.

"You okay?" he whispered, not wanting to move from his position but realizing he had to, so he did it slowly.

"Yes," she answered, still blushing. "Thank you."

"No problem," he smiled.

"If you two are finished flirting, Mira needs us back at the Guild Hall," Happy told them from the bottom of the bed. "Master wants to meet with all of us."

This time it was Natsu who blushed along with Lucy who, fortunately, had shot up out of bed at Happy's voice. She murmured something and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

"You looooooove her," grinned Happy to Natsu. "And she loooooooves you, too!"

"Look, Buddy, let's keep this on the down low for right now, okay?" Natsu pleaded. "At least until after all this mess is cleared up."

Happy shrugged. "If you say so. You both like each other, so I don't see what the problem is."

"It's just not the right time," Natsu told him, rubbing the back of his neck. "We need to focus on getting back Lucy's keys."

"Among other things," Happy said with a sigh. "I hope they got the Guild Hall cleaned up!"

"Okay, I'm ready!" Lucy said, coming out of the bathroom with a short-sleeved shirt, skirt, and her boots. Her whip was on her hip, but her key pouch was noticeably missing. "Let's go!"

At the Guild Hall, they found everyone on high alert.

"You feeling better, Lucy?" asked Levy, rushing up to give her friend a hug.

Lucy nodded her head.

"Lucy's keys," Natsu began, looking at Levy. "We need to get them back."

"Once he finds the lacrima was a fake, he very well may use them as leverage," Levy sighed.

"He's a monster," whispered Lucy, bowing her head.

Natsu stepped closer to Lucy and put an arm around her. "He won't hurt you again!" he vowed. "I promise you that!"

It was several hours later that the whole building shook.

"MAKAROV!"

The Guild had been anticipating this and ran to their assigned places. Lucy, trying to shake off her fear, was in the "B" attack group. She knew she couldn't do much, but she had her whip and her determination. It would have to be enough until she got her keys back and unsealed her spirits' gates.

Porla burst through the doors of the hall, which had only recently been repaired, and were now crumbled on the floor. A dark aura enveloped the former master of Phantom Guild and you could sense the power and anger emanating from him.

"You!" he pointed to Lucy, who stood with her group in the back of the hall. "You belong to me!"

"You won't touch her again, asshole!" shouted Natsu, stepping forward, his whole body in flames.

Porla waved his hand and his shade warriors appeared, heading straight for Lucy. She fought them off with her whip, but they kept coming back. The rest of her group fought as well.

He then turned to Natsu,smirking. "Don't mess with me, boy!" He waved his hand and more shade warriors appeared, surrounding Porla and anyone who dare approach him.

"Where are Lucy's keys?" shouted Natsu, destroying another shade warrior.

"Oh, these?" Porla chuckled, producing Lucy's leather key pouch. A swirl of dark magic surrounded the pouch as it was suspended above Porla's hand.

"You want these back Lucy Heartfilia? Then you come with me!" Porla's voice boomed throughout the hall.

Lucy was distracted enough that one of the shade warriors caught her unawares and latched on to her, forcibly bringing her to where Porla was standing.

"Natsu!" Lucy screamed, struggling.

"Lucy!" He turned to Porla, and yelled, "Lightning Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" and proceeded to try to pummel Porla.

"Dark Wave!" Porla countered, blocking Natsu.

While Porla was being distracted by Natsu (as Makarov's plan), the other mages began to bombard him with attacks.

Lucy, still struggling with the shade warrior, was suddenly relieved by Wendy, who hit it with one of her sky dragon attacks.

"Happy!" called Lucy, who flew immediately to her side. "Can you get me above Porla? I have a plan to get my keys!"

"Aye!" yelled Happy, dodging a shade warrior himself. He grabbed Lucy and shot into the air.

"Lily!" called Levy. "Let's help them!" The black exceed grabbed her, following Lucy and Happy.