8: Twisted Tale

(^^Bertholdt though XD)

Wow, I'm on a roll! I've been doing so much writing today, it's insane! I've pretty much had the entire day off, so I've been taking advantage of it. Tomorrow is going to be the same. I'm so excited! I love to write, especially about my sweetheart!

This story is slowly drawing to a close, however, which is sad. I love this story. At first, I wasn't so sure, but I'm totally invested by now.

Hopefully you guys like it, too.

(Your POV)

It had been a week since the murders, and so far, no one else had been hurt. I was still cautious, though, and I rarely left Bertholdt's side.

He was super nice to me, almost in a creepy way. He insisted on feeding me, and he followed me wherever I went. Every morning when I woke up, he was waiting outside my door to walk me to breakfast. He followed me during training as best he could, and always sat next to me when we are. He even guarded the door to the shower rooms when I was taking a shower, which made me uncomfortable.

He was being really sweet, and I know he means well, but it's annoying.

"Hey, Berty?" I asked as we walked to dinner together. "You know...I think I'm safe now. There hasn't been any killings recently. Do you think...maybe...you could lay off a bit? I appreciate you trying to protect me, but...you're kind of clingy."

He stopped, and I did, too. When I looked up at his face I saw that his eyes were huge and filled with hurt. He looked at me like I had just stabbed him in the chest.

"C-Clingy?" He asked, and nibbled on my bottom lip. Okay, maybe that was a bit rude. Bertholdt was on the sensitive side, like me.

"Well, not exactly clingy," I backpedaled, fumbling over my words. "I mean, you are a bit...and it's nice of you and all, but I need to be...well I just want some...space...." my voice trailed off as he grabbed my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles.

"You want space?" He asked softly. "You want a break from me?"

"Kind of, yeah."

"So...you don't like spending time with me, (Y/n)?" He looked into my eyes, betrayal written as clear as day on his face. He led go of my hand, and took a step back. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I'll leave you alone. Just remember...if someone else gets murdered...I'll be there to protect you still."

Something flashed in his eyes, but he walked past me before I could decode it. I trailed behind him, hugging my arms to my chest. I felt guilty for saying that to him. I wasn't exactly rude, but I had clearly offended him. Bertholdt was just trying to keep me safe, after all.

Maybe I'd apologize after dinner.

~ ~ ~

(Bertholdt's POV)

My (Y/n) doesn't think she needs me. She thinks she's safe.

I can't let her escape. I her in my grasp, she was almost mine. The last week has been like heaven. I had her all to myself, and I got to see her beautiful smile every single day. She is absolutely stunning, and I was blessed by her presence. But now....

I looked up from my dinner, and watched as she sat down next to Krista and Ymir. She got lucky it wasn't a boy she was sitting with.

I was in the mood to kill.

Maybe I'd do it anyway. Then she'd see that she did need me. The sacrifice was worth it. What was one life compared to (Y/n)'s happiness?

And she would find happiness. With me.