4: Thomas Is Missing

As you could probably guess by the way the last chapter ended, this chapter will have some mild gore, and also some violence. Also, I was wondering if you guys could please leave me a message suggesting some of the other guys that should like the reader.

I have a few ideas, but I want to know what you think.

(Your POV)

I was sore from a long, hard day of training, but despite this, I was beaming with happiness. Today, Thomas and I were going to hang out.

We hung out every day, but today was different.

We were going on a private picnic by the lake, and there, I would hopefully finally confess my feelings for him. When we first started getting to know one another, I didn't really think of his as anything but an acquaintance. However, once I got to know him, I started to develop feelings for him.

He was smart, funny, and not to mention cute. Hopefully he felt the same way, because I really wanted to be his girlfriend.

I giggled to myself, a new spring in my step.

He made me so happy. I had lost most of my family to the titan attack on Shinganshina all those years ago, and since I wasn't very good at making friends, I didn't have a lot of people that cared about me. But Thomas...he always checked up on me. He cared about me.

I cared about him, too. More than just a friend. I wished with all my heart he felt the same way.

"Thomas?" I called, stopping behind the dinning hall, where we had previously agreed to meet. "Are you here, Thomas?" I looked around, but he wasn't there.

That's a bit weird. He's always early to every meeting.

I saw down on the ground and leaned against the wall, letting my sore muscles relax. Well, I guess I could take a quick rest until he showed up. His training session probably went longer than mine. You see, we got split up, so he had a different group than me.

I closed my eyes, and let myself relax.

He be here soon.

~ ~ ~

(Bertholdt's POV)

I watched as Thomas - that disgusting little thief - cheerfully waved goodbye to (Y/n), a bright smile on his stupid, punchable face.

In my hand, I held a thick tree branch. I was going to end their relationship before it started.

I couldn't have competition. I couldn't compare to the other guys. I was awkward and quiet, and besides, it wasn't like I was all that attractive, either. (Someone lied to you *wiggles eyebrows suggestively* ...okay I'm leaving now) I was lanky and always looked sad, according to Reiner. There was no way that she'd like me if there was someone else around to capture her attention. The only way to win her heart was to eliminate everyone else that she liked.

Thomas was the first one to go.

I followed him, and waiting until he was alone. Once the other cadets were out of sight, I crept up behind him, the branch gripped firmly in my hand. Then, without warning, I slammed it across the back of his head with a loud thunk, leaving a nasty look gash. His body crumpled to the ground, unconscious. My breathing grew heavier with some sort of twisted excitement.

"She's mine," I growled, and held the bloodied branch above my head. "No freak with weird looking sideburns will ever take her from me. No one will! (Y/n) is mine...only mine!"

I brought my makeshift weapon down on his head once again, a satisfyingly sick crunch filling the air. I pounded the branch into the back of his head, over and over again, until his sticky, crimson colored blood had stained both the branch and his blonde hair. I panted, my heart beating erratically in my chest. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I looked down at Thomas's lifeless corpse.

His skull was crushed in, a disgusting concoction of blood and brain oozing from the open wound. I should've felt repulsed by the gory scene before me, but I felt nothing but pride. I had done this. And I did it for (Y/n). I doubt anyone else would murder someone for her.

I clearly loved her the most, so therefore, I deserved her more than anyone else.

I might've gone a bit overboard, but that didn't matter. He would've died anyway, whether I had simply slit his throat or if I had done this.

It wasn't like he was conscious for any of it, anyway.

I tossed the branch into the underbrush and walked away, before someone found him. I couldn't get caught. Then, they'd take me away from my (Y/n). I couldn't let that happen. I needed her.

No one would get between us ever again.

But if they tried, they'd regret it.

~ ~ ~

(Your POV)

I walked back to my dorm, feeling dejected. Not only had Thomas seemingly forgotten about our date, but he had skipped dinner, so I couldn't even talk to him. There were very few people left in this world that I cared about, and he was one of them.

I passed Krista in the only to my room, ignoring her as she greeted me in her high, cheerful voice. I wasn't in the mood for talking. I just wanted to sleep.

I reached my dorm, and found that Annie and Mina were the only ones there. Annie was in bed, and Mina was reading by the window. She greeted me, her smile genuine, but not contagious enough to make me smile back.

I was so hurt by the fact that Thomas didn't show up. I was so excited, and had planned everything down to the tiniest details, like what tree we'd eat under and what I'd bring to drink.

Without saying a word to the others, I changed out of my cadet uniform and into my pajamas. The soft fabric helped to comfort me a bit.

I'm sure he just forgot, I thought to myself as I climbed into my bed, which was on the top bunk. I can always reschedule everything for tomorrow. Then I can tell him how I feel.

I closed my eyes, and let sleep take over me.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow...or so I thought.

Considering that was one of my first attempts at writing gore, I think I did pretty good. It's not perfect, but I think it's good. I can live with good.

What did you guys think? Who should be next *insert evil smirk here*?

Oh, and I decided to have questions at the end of each chapter. I love to spread my useless personal opinion on characters, so maybe you guys do, too.

Who is your favorite AOT/SNK character?

Mine is (wait for it...) Bertholdt (BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, HUH?!).

Jean is a close second, though.

Next chapter should be up soon!