"Dean, we could use Sam on this"

"Nah, he's better off where he is"

Warehouse – Night

Bobby draws a symbol with white spray paint on the cement floor. As he stands, we see that the entire floor, walls and ceiling of the empty rectangular warehouse are covered in similar images.

"That's a hell of an art project you've got going there" Dean teases from a table, setting up equipment.

"traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doin?" Bobby ignores the teasing.

"Stakes, iron, silver, salt, knife. I mean, we're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of." Dean answers.

"This is still a bad idea" Bobby disapproves.

"Yeah Bobby, I heard you the first ten times. What do you say we ring the dinner bell?"

Bobby nods reluctantly. He goes over to another desk, takes a pinch of some powder from a bowl, and sprinkled it into a larger bowl, which begins to smoke. He chants in Latin.

Later that night

Dean and Bobby are seated on tables, swinging their legs and looking bored.

"You sure you did the ritual right?" Dean accuses Bobby. Bobby gives him a look. "Touchy, touchy, huh?" Dean teases.

As if on cue, a loud rattling shakes the roof. Dean and Bobby arm themselves with shotguns and take positions at the far end of the warehouse. "Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind" Dean says.

The door bursts open and a beautiful woman in a suit and trenchcoat stalks in. The light bulbs above her head shatter in a shower of sparks as she passes them. As she approaches, Dean and Bobby both open fire, but the shots do not even slow her down. Dean takes the magic knife as she gets close.

"Who are you?" Dean questions.

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition" She answers.

"Yeah. Thanks for that" Dean rears back and plunges the knife into her chest. She looks down, unconcerned, and pulls it out and drops it to the floor. Behind her, Bobby attacks. Without looking, she grabs Bobby's weapon and uses it to swing him around. She touches Bobby on the forehead with her fingertips and Bobby crumples to the ground.

"We need to talk, Dean. Alone"

Dean crouches over Bobby, checking his pulse. He glares at the mystery woman. "Your friends alive" she states.

"Who are you?" Dean questions again.

"Castiel"

"Yeah, I figured that much, I mean what are you?" Dean retaliates.

"I'm an Angel of the Lord" She answers.

"Get the hell out of here. There's no such thing" Dean denies.

"This is your problem, Dean. You have no faith" Lightning flashes, and on Castiel's back great shadowy wings appear, stretching off into the distance. The light goes out and the image disappears.

"Some angel you are. You burned out that poor woman's eyes" Dean says referring to Pamela.

"I warned her not to spy on my true form. It can be... overwhelming to humans, and so can my real voice. But you already knew that" She says staring at him with such intensity.

"You mean the gas station and the motel. That was you talking?" Dean realizes. Castiel nods. "Sweetheart, next time, lower the volume"

"That was my mistake. Certain people, special people, can perceive my true visage. I thought you would be one of them. I was wrong." Castiel explains.

"And what visage are you in now, huh? What, holy tax accountant?" Dean questions.

"This? This is... a vessel" Castiel says referring to her body.

"You're possessing some poor bastard?" Dean questions angrily.

"She's a devout woman, she actually prayed for this"

"Well, I'm not buying what you're selling, so who are you really?" Dean says not believing for a second that this woman in front of him was an actual angel.

"I told you" Castiel frowns, tipping her head to the side.

"Right. And why would an angel rescue me from hell?" Dean questions.

"Good things do happen, Dean" She answer him.

"Not in my experience" Dean states.

"What's the matter? You don't think you deserve to be saved?" Castiel finally understand this man a little.

"Why'd you do it?" Dean avoids the question with a question.

"Because God commanded it. Because we have work for you" She says confidently.