4x01 - Lazarus Rising

Start from the beginning

"I almost got it. I command you, show me your face!" Pamela orders. "Show me your face!" Suddenly the candles flare up several feet in the air and Pamela begins to scream. Her eyes fly open and are filled with a white-hot flame. She collapses, the rattling, white noise and flames die out. Bobby catches her and lower her to the floor "Cal 9-1-1!" Sam scrambles out of his chair and into the next room. Dean crouches over Pamela and Bobby. She is conscious, but bleeding and burned. Her eyelids fly open to reveal black, empty sockets. "I can't see! I can't see! Oh god!" She sobs. In the next room Sam is calling for an ambulance.

Astoria Motel- Night

As Dean dozes, the television flicks on to the now-familiar static, and the radio starts whining as well. It wakes Dean, who rubs the sleep out of his eyes and rolls quickly to grab a shotgun lying by the bed. He looks around cautiously, glances at Sam's bed and sees that it is empty. He grimaces. The painfully high-pitched noise begins again, and he grabs his right ear, keeping the weapon up in his left hand. A mirror on the ceiling shatters and rains broken glass down on him. He crumples to the ground, clutching both ears as all the glass in the room shatters explosively. He screams.

Suddenly Bobby bursts into the room as more glass shatters "Dean!"

Later that night (Time skip)

Bobby drives his car as Dean, in the passenger seat, wipes blood from his face.

"How you doin', kid?" Bobby questions.

"Aside from the church bells ringing in my head, peachy." Dean pulls out his cell phone and dials a number.

Sam is in the impala, staking out the diner full of demons. His cell phone rings.

"Hey" He answers.

"What are you doing?" Dean questions

"Couldn't sleep, went to get a burger"

"In my car?"

"Force of habit, sorry. What are you doing up?"

"Well, uh, Bobby's back. We're going to grab a beer" Dean lies. Bobby looks shocked at Dean, Dean only holds up a finger.

"All right, well, uh, spill some for me, huh?"

"Done. Catch you later" They hang up.

"Why the hell didn't you tell him?" Bobby asks.

"Because he just tried to stop us" Was Dean's answer.

"From what?"

"Summoning this thing" Bobby looks at him in shock. Again. "It's time we faced it head-on" Was Dean's explanation.

"You can't be serious!"

"As a heart attack. It's high noon, baby"

"Well, we don't know what it is. It could be a demon, it could be anything" Bobby tries to reason.

"That's why we've got to be ready for anything." Dean pulls out Runy's demon-killing knife. "We've got the big-time magic knife, you've got an arsenal in the trunk..."

"This is a bad idea" Bobby says not convinced.

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more, but what other choice do we have?"

"We could choose life"

"Bobby, whatever this is, whatever it wants, it's after me. That much we know, right? I've got no place to hide. I can either get caught with my pants down again, or we can make our stand." Was Dean's reasoning and it seems Bobby is more on the plan.