Chapter 2

Cleveland's PoV-

"Was that really a good idea?" Danny snapped the moment we entered the car with our bags of books.

"Yes! Let that girl live a little." Blair argued back.

"She's seventeen and she's been through enough. She doesn't need some buff college boy thrown into the mix."

"Maybe a buff college boy could distract her."

"Yeah, distract her by breaking her heart!"

Danny and Blair continued to argue basically the entire ride back to my apartment, but I didn't really mind. I was able to stare out the window and debate with myself if that was the right decision.

It's not that I've never spoken to guys before. I have a few times, but I've only ever gone on one date. It didn't go went.

Jakob Stone. Attractive; that's the only nice thing I could say about him.

When I offered to pay for the movie, he laughed and asked if 'I was one of those feminist girls'.

I didn't bother to answer his texts after that.

Jayce seemed so nice though. He fell right into me, yet he wrapped his arm around me before I could fell into the bookshelf. And he didn't demand my name or number.

He offered his first.

There wasn't any fear or anxiety while talking to him. He gave me everything I needed to contact him further, but only if I wanted to do that.

"Cleve, what are you going to do?" Blair turned around in her chair and asked me. I could see Danny glancing at me through the rearview mirror.

"I'm not sure," I answered honestly.

I looked back to the road. We were only a few turns away from my apartment.

"I'm not going to text him tonight. I need to think about it more." I explained as I packed all my stuff together.

"Atta girl," Danny whispered. Blair groaned dramatically.

"I'll call you tonight about it," Blair said and I was glad. I needed someone else's opinion about this.

"Call me after midnight. I'm working."

She groaned again.

"We also have to go shopping this weekend. Tomorrow?"

Danny doesn't like going shopping, but I don't mind, so Blair and I have always done it together. I don't have money, but Blair is filthy rich and doesn't mind paying for me, as long as I come.

I hate having her pay for me but if I go shopping for me, and allow her to pay, she'll get me something I need. Sometimes it's groceries for the week, or maybe even a new winter coat.

She's so amazing and I make sure to thank her every time.

"I'm working all day tomorrow. And Sunday morning and night. Does Sunday at noon work?"

Danny and Blair looked towards each other then away. They didn't like how much I worked but I didn't have a choice.

"Of course," Blair mumbled. I ignored the sadness in her voice.

We quickly pulled next to the curb next to my apartment building.

"Do you want me to walk you in?" Danny asked as I immediately shook my head. I leaned forward and gave both of them a kiss on the cheek before leaving the car after saying thank you.

The elevator has been broken for as long as I can remember so I went straight to the stairs. My apartment was on the third floor and it took longer than I would like to admit to climb those three stories.