1

PLEASE READ A/N!!!

A/N:Thank you for selectibg this story. Be prepared to wait for crazy amounts of time for new chapters. I am so sorry, but that is just how it is for now. I'm going to try and update as much as possible, but we'll see how it goes. Anyways, happy reading!  :)

Jughead POV

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world...Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale.

And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride. The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge.

Riverdale police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned.

As for us, we were still talking about the "July Fourth tragedy" on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town.

"Hey, Jug." I look up from my laptop and see Jitterbug looking at me from the other side of the booth. My twin. I'd say the only thing we have in common is our eye color. She's wearing her blue and gold hoodie(Riverdale High colors, blue jacket with gold hood), zipped up with hood over her head as always. I can tell you she does this because she hates her hair. You see, while I got a head of solid black hair she ended up with salt and pepper hair. That means she has grey streaks in her black hair naturally. Usually older people with dark hair have this color, but she's had it her entire life.

When she was younger, she loved it. She said it set her apart from everyone else. But once Cheryl Blossom caught my sister in her bullying sights, Jitterbug started thinking differently. Her hair would be pulled and she would be called a granny. She asked our mom to cut her long hair to above her shoulders, and she would always cover it up with hats, beanies, but most of the time she just wears her hoodie.

"What do you think?" She asks as she holds up her sketchbook so I can see what she's talking about. It's a picture of two characters sitting across from each other in a booth, but they are doing completely different things. I know that it's her interpretation of what's happening right here, right now.

"It looks good, Jit." I say with a chuckle. "But why do you always draw me with a huge nose?"

"I guess it just feels right to me." She snickers as she reaches over my laptop to poke the end of my nose. We share a laugh before going back to our separate activities. "When should we head back to the drive-in?" She asks.

"We can head out once I finish my coffee." I answer her. She nods as she goes back to drawing. Tomorrow is the first day of our second year of high school. I'm not nervous, but I think Jitterbug is. She'll never show it, but I know the signs. She is my twin after all.

--

The next day

Jitterbug POV

I am so not ready for this school year. With what happened during the summer I can only guess how Cheryl will take out her depression and loss on me. I try not to let it bother me, but it doesn't always work. It's a good thing I have Jug. I always end up crying on his shoulder, venting everything wrong with my day.