Summoning

Sherlock got a text that night. He replied instantly. It was late but he was excited to rush out.

“John, we have been summoned” He yelled loud enough to wake Watson up from his slumber. John sat up and started to get dressed, desperately wanting a coffee to wake himself up.

“John, hurry up” Sherlock was waiting by the door. He hailed a cab and got in it. John fumbled out of the door, locking it behind him. He joined Sherlock in the cab and away they went.

“So, where exactly are we going?” John asked. Sherlock pulled out his phone and showed John a photograph. There was a dead man on the floor, with what looked like a bullet wound in his back. He had a spray can in his hand and there was a message on the wall behind him.

“Someone wants my attention” Sherlock said happily. They didn’t speak throughout the rest of the drive, not that there really was time to talk. Late on a Thursday night, there isn’t usually much traffic and it wasn’t that far away. Sherlock rushed out the car.

While John’s attention was on the victim, Sherlock seemed remarkably interested in the message on the wall. Yellow spray paint. Just like the one used in the blind banker case.  The person who made the man write this has read John’s blog. The note said “I’m looking for you Sherlock” with a smiley face in each of the ‘o’s. Clearly whoever truly wrote this was an enemy of Sherlock and has met with him personally recently.

Sherlock’s face showed realisation as he figured out who sent it.

He received a text.

“I’m in your flat, come meet me” It said. Sherlock smiled his cheeky little grin and rushed away from the crime scene, leaving John.

He opened the door to his flat when he got back. He was happy to see who was sat there.

“You forgot to reply” the sing songy voice called out.

“I didn’t need to reply.” Sherlock sat down.