Chapter 10

Thank you to everyone who has been reading this book! I didn't think that anyone would find any real interest in it because it's different then the books I usually write, but I'm really happy with the out come of this book so far! So thank you so much!
~~~

Dinner was going surprisingly well. Christian seemed to enjoy his time talking to his best friend. I actually didn't think Christian can be so talkative, and I honestly didn't believe he can laugh so much.

"Nowadays you take one look at Christian and think 'he's such a good-looking businessman, must be very put together' but I swear he was not like that in college." Alexander laughs. Christian shakes his head. "Don't go sharing all my secrets, Alex." Christian points out, taking a drink of his scotch.

"What was he like in college?" My mom asks Alexander.

"Oh.." Alexander laughs an evil laugh. "He was crazy. Loved to party, drink, come home at four in the morning, high as a kite." Alexander says.

"Thanks, really," Christian says sarcastically, a smile playing on his lips.

"Wow, I couldn't imagine Christian in such a state." I murmur.

Christian looks at me. He had what looked like a surprised face, but he was so quick to cover it with a smile that I couldn't tell if I imagined it or not.

"So what exactly do you do Zaina?" Alexander asks suddenly, turning all attention on me.

"I uh- well I'm going to college as of right now." He nods. "Anything specific you're aiming for?" He asks, looking at me with curiosity.

I shrug, looking down at my plate of food that I hardly touched. "I'm majoring in literature and journalism. We'll see where that takes me." He nods slowly.

"A writer huh? How smart and talented. I always wanted to become an author growing up, but after college, I just took a different course."

"And you prefer what you do now? If you don't mind me asking?" I ask. "It's fine. Of course, apart of me wonders where I'd be now if I would've persuaded what I thought I wanted to pursue, but I'm happy with my career now." He smiles reassuringly.

"Zaina's very talented. I always tell her that she can do whatever she wants if she just sticks to it. Look at her now, attending the best school in the state, going after what she wants." My mom smiles.

"Well maybe we'll have to get together, you and I, just to bond over our passion for writing?" Alexander suggests.

My eyes widen in shock. Did he just ask me out? At dinner? In front of my mother and Christian? His best friend?

"Uh ye-" Before I can finish, Christian interrupts.

"I believe Zaina has a boyfriend, don't you?" He asks, looking at me.

"Uh- I.." I wasn't sure how to answer, but that's when I felt Christians hand go on my thigh underneath the tablecloth.

My whole body froze. "Well, it doesn't have to be a date unless of course, she'd want it to be," Alexander says, giving me a slight wink that I'm pretty sure no one else noticed.

"O-Okay." I felt extremely uncomfortable.

Between Alexander's flirtatious looks and suggestions, and Christians sudden warm hand on my thigh making me scream inside.

I couldn't tell if I loved it there or hated it, or was confused about it?!?

But as soon as it got there, it left.

I felt relieved as soon as he took his hand off my thigh. Something about having it there in front my mom and Alexander, made me nervous that they'd somehow see that his hand was literally in a place it absolutely shouldn't be!