Chapter Nine

You stood in the corner of the bus depot, you surveyed the room for what had to be the hundredth time. There were about thirty people, small batches here or there, bags resting on the floor. One or two people lounging back in hard plastic chairs. You fiddled with your ticket. Apprehension welling up in your chest, you checked up at the clock. Only six minutes had passed since the last time you looked.
Taking a deep breath you looked down at the floor, old titles, chipped and cracked. You thought about Bucky. His smirk that always seemed to turn into a warm smile. The way his eyes lit up when he talked about growing up in Brooklyn, they way he told it made it seemed like long ago. Or how he would absentmindedly tuck loose hairs behind his ears, even though they would fall back into place.
It hurt, leaving him like you did. You really didn't want to, but the thought of someone hurting him. You wouldn't be able to stand that. You looked back up, taking in the room again. When your eyes landed on him, your heart skipped a beat. He was looking around wildly, with a panic stricken look on his face. You shook your head, chuckling to yourself. Finally his eyes landed on you.
His face relaxed as he mouthed a silent 'thank god', his smile was wide and you couldn't help but smile. A movement near the side door caught your attention out of the corner of your eye. The world seemed to slow in that instant, your head whipped around. Ten men, dressed in straight black military style gear filed in. Large assault rifles slung over their shoulders.
Your heart dropped in an instant, your hands began to shake, as knot formed in your stomach. They spread out, three started coming in your direction. Then suddenly the world caught up to regular speed. You swung the bag off your shoulders, dropping in front of you. You brought your foot up at the prefect time, kicking the bag in the man who was closest to you nailing him the face.
You sprang from you spot, lunging forward, fist ready. Striking, kicking, punching, fighting as if your life depended on it, cause this time it did. Your heart hammering as you could see another one of hydra's men coming at you from your side. You spun on your heel, and drove your foot up in the bottom of his jaw.
You were so focused on keeping the two away didn't notice the third sneaking up behind you until you felt it. The sharp pain at the back up your neck, your muscles clenched up, your body seized, every nerve suddenly on fire. A metallic tasted flooded your mouth, electricity suddenly flowing through your body at a rapid pace.

Bucky was relieved to see you, he thought maybe he had guessed wrong. Maybe you would of taken a train not a bus. But there you were, his heart leapt into his throat. When you smiled, it was genuine. Then suddenly your head snapped to the side, your expression changed.
He looked over and saw why. Hydra soldiers started filling in, he sprang from his spot. He saw you drop kick your bag before two men came at him, Bucky's first throw came from his left arm. Metal connected with flesh, a snap was heard as the man dropped clutching his arm. He turned slightly, throwing a punch with his other fist, striking the man straight in his face.  The man staggered back.
   More continued to advance on him, his instincts took over as he continued to fight them. Trying to inch toward you, he could see you holding your own through midst of everything. He smirked, watching you drive your foot up. He knew what they had gotten themselves into, and damn it he was proud how you were handling yourself.
    He spun to deal with the two men coming up from behind him, striking out with his foot, following up with punch. He turned just in time to see your body tense, your face constricted in pain. Panic coursed through his body like never before as he saw you drop. He lurched forward as one of them placed a rifle to your temple.
     "Soldat!" Someone yelled from behind him. Bucky stopped, his spine went rigid, his body shook with anger. Slowly he looked over his shoulder at the man. "You move, and they will put a bullet into her skull."
    Bucky clenched his fists, closing his eyes. Hate, that's all he could feel right now, a blinding hatred for the man behind him. Slowly the man walked out around Bucky, the man's black eyes looking him up and down. The man's black hair slicked back, tight against his head. There were numerous men he had taken orders from back when he was the Winter Soldier, and this one was no different.
    "I've seen you've faired well in your liberation." He sneered at Bucky, before looking back at you laying unconscious on the floor. "I see you found Y/N, does she know what you are?"
     Bucky didn't respond, he just glared at him. Seething through clenched teeth, every muscle in his body wound tight, right to spring. His finger twitched as the man got closer to you, watching as the guy knelt down next to you,  lifting the hair from your face.
    "Does she know that she was your mission, your failed mission that day?" He asked, looking over at Bucky. "I wonder, how do you think she'll react once she finds out you were there when her team was killed and that you were personally sent to kill her?"
     "Leave her." Bucky spoke through gritted teeth.
    "And now why would I do that? She's been a thorn in our side for years." The man's voice ran cold as he stood, he turned to the closest soldier. "Grab her"
    Bucky felt helpless as the man reached down, roughly grabbing you under the shoulders. He slung you up over his should, and started walking to the exit, Bucky tried to keep his breathing under control. His eyes drift back the man with the slicked back hair.
     "Now you will comply, and come with us. I'd really hate to have to torture her before I put her down." His voice calm, and even as he walked past Bucky. Bucky followed in line behind him, as his panic renewed.