- four -

"Hellcats to the convicts, got the lambo in the projects"

David Brewster | Cash

The next day

David sat outside of Essence's School, Columbia University, waiting for her to get out of class. He wanted to take her out, so that he could apologize to her.

It was weird because he never apologized to anyone, besides his mother. He just never felt like he owed anybody one.

Checking the time on his phone, it was 12:45 in the afternoon, which meant that her Journalism class had just ended.

A few minutes later, he spotted Essence walking out the front of the building, but another thing caught his eye, which made him angry.

She was walking beside some dude and they were both laughing and cheesing in each other's face.

"Fuck is so funny?" David mugged her from a distance.

Feeling eyes burning holes into the side of her face, Essence looked around the semi-crowded campus trying to figure out where the feeling was coming from.

They made eye contact but she looked away from him and continued smiling and laughing with ole dude.

That sent Dave over the edge.

He walked over to her and the boy that she was talking to, snatching her up by her arm and dragging her to his Escalade.

Khyree, Essence's friend, just stood there dumbfounded. He didn't know what to do, but he did know who the hell Cash was so he decided to just go about his business.

"What the hell?!" Essence sneered through her teeth after snatching her arm from him. Dave had pissed her off passed the highest level of pistivity.

She couldn't process what was happening which is why she took so long to react.

(For y'all who don't know what pistivity is..look below)

Who did he think he was? Showing up to her school and manhandling her like she was his daughter

"Calm down."

Dave stared her down with a mug, but she didn't give a fuck. She was tired of letting people run over her because they knew that confrontation isn't her thing.

"Ain't no CaLm dOwN! You showing up to my fucking school thinking you my daddy, better yet my nigga! That shit is embarrassing!" She yelled loud enough for only him to hear.

"But I am your nigga, and I didn't want you cheesing all in that nigga face." He stated calmly.

"I don't recall us establishing a relationship, matter of fact, who are you again?"

She folded her arms under her breast and looked at him confused.

Before Dave could reply, she just started to go off.

"You know what, I don't have time for these subliminal games, I'm young but I'm sure as hell not dumb. I'm not about to let you run around and be a hoe, making me look stupid. WE DO-"

David cut her off by picking up her small frame and throwing her over his shoulders.

"What y-"

"Be quiet." He spoke sternly and with so much authority. Essence felt bad because that kind of turned her on.

David gently sat her in the front seat of his truck before closing the door.

Essence mentally rolled her eyes because here she was, getting sucked in.

________
Thank y'all for 1k Reads 🤧💚