- one -

"I was in the trenches, kicks red but I wasn't bleeding."

David Brewster

"I'll have my little loccs hit you with the stainless

"I'll have my little loccs hit you with the stainless. Still say fuck 'em cause ain't no love for 'em."  David rapped along with Snoop Dogg while cruising down 78th street in his all black Audi r8.

He was currently on his way to the local convienence store to buy some more Backwoods since he had run out earlier.

"Yo wassup Ra'Shir!" Dave greeted the owner as he walked through the door and towards the front counter.

"Hey Cash, how's Miss Stacy?" Ra'Shir questioned referring to Dave's mother.

Cash is David's street name. Nobody knew his real name besides family and the only people allowed to call him that was his mother and grandma.

"She good." He nodded, not wanting to go into detail, he didn't need everybody in his business. His mother was sick. She's been in the hospital due to her heart complications for about 2 weeks now.

"Let me get about 20 of them backwoods though." David was most definitely a weed head, and he smoked almost everyday.

The cashier nodded and began taking down the blunts and placing them in a black bag.

"You need anything else?"

Dave thought and decided to get his mother's favorite snacks since he was planning on visiting her later on today.

"Yea. Hold on."

He walked toward the back of the store to grab an Arizona tea and those dried banana chips that she loved.

"Damn bitch watch where you going!" Dave barked at a young lady who'd just bumped into him on accident

"S-Sorry." She stutterd turning to face him.

His face immiediately softened when he noticed all of the bruises on her skin.

He thought that she was beautiful. Her smooth chocolate skin and jet black, curly hair stood out, catching his attention.

"My bad-" Before he could finish speaking she sped walked out of the store without another word.

He felt bad but before he could apologize she'd dissapeared.

Essence Davis