chapter seventeen.

Scotty's POV
Cassandra and David have been acting odd in the past couple days so I sit in front while Cassie drives and have David in the back.
We listen to throwbacks and current songs we like all the way to the zoo. It was a real mood lightener considering what happened yesterday.

David's POV
We all get to the zoo and after 20 boring minutes Cassie finds a parking spot.
We get out and I realize Cassie and I were both wearing light pink shirts.
"Twins" I say in a high pitched funny voice.
She laughs and says it back.
God I love her laugh.
I pay for Cassie and Scotty and we enter the zoo.
Cassandra is basically dragging us around the zoo until she gets real tired. Then Scott leads both of us.

"My feet hurttt Scott. Can I sit or get like a wheel chair" Cassandra moans.
"Shush you'll be fine we're half way through the zoo" Scotty says energized.
She rolls her eyes.
"I can carry you" I suggest.
I wasn't really tired and I feel like I could hold Cassie's weight.
Her face brightens up and I hand Scott my vlog camera while it's recording.
I crouch down and Cass jumps on my back.
She pretty light actually so it wasn't much of a struggle.
"Aww I ship it..wait no David back off my sister" Scott chuckles while pointing the camera at us but still being serious.
As I'm walking I feel Cassie go limp and I almost drop her.
"Cassie!" I yell behind me, worried.
She fell asleep. Wow.
"I'm tired David I fell asleep" she jolts up.
"Can you walk Cass, my shoulders are really starting to hurt" I ask.
"Maybe for a bit" she slurs.
I let her down and Scotty rolls his eyes. What the fuck.
We finally look at all the animals in the zoo and get to the gift shop.
"What do you want" I ask Cassie.
"David, you don't have to buy me anything. Really" she says sincerely.
"Please let me buy you something" I say looking into her eyes.
"Thank you" she smiles into my sweatshirt while hugging me and I hug her back.

She finds a black zoo sweatshirt.
"It's time I have a sweatshirt that's not Vlog Squad merch for once" she chuckles.
I laugh while I'm recording her.
I buy the sweatshirt and Scott didn't want anything so we head back to the car.
"I'm too sleepy I can't drive. Can you Scott?" She asks handing the keys to Scotty.
He nods his head and she puts on her sweatshirt.
"You look cu..-cool" I slip.
Scott gives me a glare and I look at the ground.
Cassie makes some sort of excuse to sit in the back seat with me.
Scott starts to drive back home and she falls asleep on my lap.
"So you trying anything with her David? You know how I don't like no one dating my sister" Scotty says sternly.
"I'm not dating her but shouldn't it be her choice? That's what you said yesterday" I reply with a sort of attitude.
"Don't date her. She's broken. She needs time and I don't want her to be even more hurt by you" Scott raises his voice.
"You know I'd never do that anyways. You're going to fucking wake her up. Just stop" I say quietly but sternly.
We continue the car ride home and he just gives me dirty looks through the rear view mirror.

We get home and Cassie is still asleep.
I have to ask her out either tonight or tomorrow.
I carry her inside, quietly place her on her bed, and walk out.
—————
Cassandra's POV
I wake up hearing a few people laughing in the kitchen. What time is it?
I get startled realizing my surroundings. Last thing I remember was falling asleep on David's lap in my car and now I'm in my bed.
I walk out of my room and see Zane, David, Heath, Erin, Carly, Todd, and Scott.
I squint my eyes at the bright light in the kitchen.
"Fuck what time is it" I ask.
"Like 8:50. Baby we gonna have a crazy night so if you wanna join ya can" Zane replies.
It sounded pretty good to me so I went in my bathroom, brushed my hair, redid my makeup for no reason really, and changed into shorts.

I walk out and vodka, whiskey, and beer bottles are already out.
Everyone grabs a beer including me and chugs it. Heath, Scotty, and I are the first ones to complete it while everyone follows after.
David pulls me outside for a minute so we can 'talk'.
"Cassandra. Cassandra Sire. Ever since you came to live here I've had a crush on you. I love your smile, your laugh, your jokes, your body, your face, and just everything. I will never ever treat you like shit, I will cherish and love you. If I'm super lucky you will say yes to this. Cassie, will you be my girlfriend?" David says sincerely.
Tears start to form in my eyes. I was waiting and wishing for this day to come.
"Yes. Yes, a million times yes!" I smile.
He grabs my waist tightly and kisses me passionately.
We exchange a long kiss that eventually turned into a makeout.
He licked my lips for entrance and we French kissed for about 30 seconds with his hands roaming up and down my body and my fingers running through his hair.
"Hey do you guys wanna t- oopsies my bad" Heath interrupts while laughing.
My eyes go wide and I look at David.
"Hey Heath! Don't tell anyone and definitely not Scotty aight?" David whisper yells.
Heath nods and gives a thumbs up while he stumbles back inside.
We look into each other's eyes and just smile.
"Let's do shots" I smirk and he exchanges one back.
We walk in and take our first few shots.
From then on everything gets kind of blurry.
It's just like flashes of moments.
One minute I see Heath and Zane dancing on each other, playing around, the next I see Erin and Heath making out..woah.
I see Scott and Todd playing around, dancing also.
I feel lips on mine and luckily see David and I near the pool.
Then I feel arms wrap around my body almost like someone carrying me to a bedroom.
David turns on a light and we're both fully clothed luckily.
I feel his body against mine and him embracing me in his arms.
There's a warm feeling in my stomach and I've never felt as happy as I was right then and there.