“Ok.” I nodded.

“Then Miheal Keehl’s the one with the blonde hair; everyone calls him Mello. Rue Ryuzaki is the boy with the black hair sitting next to Mello, he gets called B.”

“B?” I asked in disbelief.

Anzu shrugged, evidently she had no idea why he was called that either.

“Ok.” I waited for Yumiko to go on.

“Anyway the last two are Lawliet or L, he’s the other boy with black hair and-”

“Near!” Chiko said loudly, cutting off Yumiko.

I shifted nervously in my seat as everyone on our side of the room stared at our table.

“What are you looking at?” Chiko glared at all the people looking at her until they went back to what they were doing.

“Yes thank you Chiko Shi.” Yumiko glared at her before finished, “Nate River, more commonly known as Near is the one with the short white hair.

“He’s only fifteen but he’s already at the top of all his classes.” Chiko said quickly.

“He’s not as good as Light. Ow!” Anzu said before receiving a kick under the table from Chiko.

“Light?” I looked at the two girls.

“Light Yagami, he’s the guy who got up in history.” Anzu explained.

“Ok, and he has his own group too?”

“Ah ha.” Anzu nodded pointing at the table closest to the window on our side of the hall, “Misa Amane is the girl with the blonde pig-tails, Teru Mikami is the guy with the black hair and glasses and Kiyomi Takada is the girl with the short black hair.”

“Takada?”

“Yeah she’s the Mistresses daughter.” Chiko nodded.

“And she has the hots for Light.” Anzu pouted.

“Why do you like Light so much?” I asked Anzu.

She excitedly opened her mouth to answer me question but was cut off before she begun by Yumiko clapping her hand over Anzu’s mouth.

“Let’s just every girl likes at least one of the boys from either Yagami’s group or the Wammy boy’s; don’t ask me why.” Yumiko removed her hand from Anzu’s mouth and sat back in her seat.           

“Near’s better.” Chiko mumbled with a smile.

Anzu frowned and was cut off once again by Yumiko.

“Get over it you two. Chiko, Near is not interested in dating. And Anzu, Light is going out with Misa.” Yumiko shouted at them both.

As it looked like the three of them were going to have a heated argument the went for the next two sessions, I looked at my time table at classes five and six, V.A.

“Errm what’s V.A?”

Chiko looked at me funny.

“You don’t know what V.A is?”

“She was home schooled Chiko.” Anzu said as if that explained everything. “V.A is visual arts that’s in H-5.”

“Ok, where’s that?”

Anzu stopped and looked around.

“Nariko, we’ve got French now but you can follow B.” Anzu pointed to Rue who was getting ready to leave, “he has visual arts now doesn’t he?”

Chiko and Yumiko nodded.

Anzu turned back to me.

“Yeah follow him, but don’t talk to him.”

I nodded and walked out of the cafeteria, B was walking towards the direction of the front entrance; moving silently through the noisy crowd as they made their way to their classes. I followed B down the hall and around the corner where there were less people, he turned off into a corridor where there weren’t any people and I followed him around the corner but couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Great,” I muttered. There were no doors leading off this corridor and it was too long for him to have walked out of sight before I got there either.

“Where is he?” I muttered to myself.

“Where is who?”

I jumped at the voice behind me and spun around to face them. B was standing behind me, looking down at me with his crimson red eyes; his black hair spiked around his head and over his eyes. All this and his pale completion made it all the more unnerving when he just stood there staring at me.

“Umm …” I started.

“Why were you following me?” B asked in a smooth clear voice.

“I’m new here and I have visual arts now,” I started very quickly. “And I was told to follow you, because that’s where you were going.”

B nodded, he seemed to be think very deeply about something and his red eyes wondered to the window.

“What’s your name?” he asked looking back at me.

“Nariko, Hidaku Nariko.” I stammered.

B nodded again.

“Well then Nariko, let’s go.” B held his arm out to me.

I looked at him in shock.

“I was told not to talk to you.”

“Hmm, by whom?” B was still looking at me.

“A-Anzu.”

“The light fan? She would say something like that.”

“What do you mean by that?” I stepped back but he leaned forward towards me.

“Simply that someone who likes Light Yagami would try to discourage a new student for having anything to do with myself and the rest of the boys from the Wammy orphanage.” He stepped forward and linked arms with me before I had time to protest. “But if we don’t get moving we’ll be late for art.”

B swung me around and continued in the direction he had been walking in.