The pride lands

I got out of Rafiki's tree, feeling a lot better after I ate. I saw a cub crouching towards me. She didn't notice that I saw her, so I decided to wait until she tried to pounce on me. She had a grin on her face, completely focused on me. She seemed friendly though, so I guess she was Kiara, Kion's sister. She then jumped out of the grass, me quickly ducking so she flew over me. She landed on her back and I helped her get back up. 'Could you hear me? I was sure I didn't make a sound! I'm Kiara.' I giggled a bit. 'I'm Imani. And, I couldn't hear you, but don't grin when you're hiding in the grass. Your fur matches, but your teeth don't.' 'Oh uhm, yeah I guess! Thanks Imani! Let me take you to see me dad! Let's go!' She ran off and I also ran off, following her.

'So, Imani, what brings you here in the pride lands? Do you have parents?' She looked at me in a comforting, sort off motherly way, but I still started sobbing. She then looked embarrassed and worried; 'I'm sorry, I should've thought before asking that question.' 'It's fine. I lived with my pride in a forest far, far away from here. My dad was the new king of our pride, with my mom as queen. They were called Muuaji and Vibaya. My mom always loved me and was there for me, but my dad's power got to his head. He thought he could do everything he wanted and let everybody do what he said. It even came that far he started abusing me and my mom...' I really started crying, but Kiara placed her paw on my back. 'Mostly my mom though, because she took most of the hits, even those who were meant for me. About 5 days ago, he called my mom. I heard him yelling at her and later on I heard my mom crying. I walked up to our den, seeing my mom bleeding on the ground, my dad with his back to her, not even sorry for what he did. My mom saw me and said that I should run. After panicking, I did. I ran for days, without food, because I didn't know how to hunt yet. Then I came across here, drinking something and trying to hunt, but passing out.' I felt relieved that I told her. '...and that's when my brother found you... wow, that's sad, but also impressive how you survived that...' She looked at me with comforting eyes. 'If only my mom would have made it...' 'hey! Don't give up yet! She might be alive and searching for you!' 'Yeah, she might, but she told me to erase my tracks and scent like she taught me to escape from my dad... so she will never find me...' I sighed. 'Shall we walk further? The earlier we get to my dad, the earlier we can get moving around the pride lands!' Kiara was very friendly. Kion seemed a little distant, but I guess that's because he was just doing his job. Caught up in my thoughts, Kiara waved her paw in front of my face. 'Hello, Imani? They should have called you Mchana!' 'Mchana? What does that mean? It's in Swahili right? My mom was busy making me able to defend myself she never taught me it... I only know my name means faith, because my mom always had faith my dad would turn back to normal, and thought I should have faith to...' 'That's a beautiful but sad story! I'm sure your mom is amazing...' I saw a tear rolling down Kiara's cheek. 'Well, Mchana means daydreamer because we're here!' I didn't notice, which was quite unusual, because pride rock is a giant rock. 'Oh, I guess I am a daydreamer!' We giggled, until I heard a low, but friendly voice; 'Kiara, who do you have with you? Is that Imani? That cub Kion told me about?' 'Yes father, this is Imani. Isn't she pretty?!' I blushed a bit, but it was barely noticeable, so they didn't see it. 'Imani, I would like to talk to you.' I followed the male lion, who was apparently Kiara's and Kion's dad. He sat down at the point of pride rock, and signed me to sit next to him.