Home sweet home?

After a 2 day drive from Tampa, Florida,to our new 'home' in Cloquet ,Minnesota, we finally arrive at our new home.
––––––––———————————–
"Wake up Sarah.." Mom waking me up.
"We here?"

"We sure are sweetie, dads setup the beds and moved your boxes into your room."

"Okay thanks mom." I say getting out of the car and stretching for he first time in hours.
————————————————
I lean against the car and zone out and take in my surroundings. The trees surrounding the house are peppered with snow, the other houses are similar to mine but as I shift slightly to see the end of the street one house has the most pristine cut garden, the flowers and scenery are an organised chaos.

All in all the street doesn't seem to bad. I think you can tell a lot about some one just by looking at their yard. Its peaceful here.

But things can change.

I'm pulled out of my trance by my headphones around my neck, for the last hour they've been on shuffle playing anything from patsy Cline to Radiohead. Roy Orbison's pretty woman's caught my attention.

"Sarah sweetie!" My mother hollers.

As I was walking up the snow covered pebble path to the porch, I heard a woman's laughter and turned to see a ; woman with beach wave platinum blonde hair hovering above her shoulders, wearing a crème coloured loose hanging sweater and blue fading jeans and low top converse on her feet, ; being dragged by to poodles.

'I'm crazy I'm day dreaming about a woman who could be my mothers age .' I thought.
————————————————
"Sarah what kept you so long? Now what wallpaper do you want?"she asked handing be wallpaper samples.

" what about this one with the orchids and rose buds."

"Alrighty I'll tell your father. Oh and honey take this list and go to the supermarket down the road will you love?"

She handed me the list and some money, and I was on my way.