:Comfort: Genji x Reader

WARNING: This chapter will be depressing!! Continue at your own risk!!(it's really not that bad but it's still pretty sad). Genji currently has his mask/visor/helmet thing off. Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.   Genji lied in his bed, his eyes open, his body numb and cold. He pulled the covers up closely to his face in an attempt to get warm. He knew of course, that this would most likely do nothing considering most of his body was metal. He wanted nothing more that to feel the warmth he once had, wash over him. The more days that went by of him being alive, the more horrible thoughts popped into his head.
                      Your nothing...
Monster...
                                                     Freak...

                          ...Die...

Genji closed his eyes tightly. He did not want to succumb to the thoughts running around in his mind. He pulled off the covers and sat up. He took a deep breath, and then headed to the bathroom. Every step felt heavy. Genji was tired because of the mission he had the night before, and because of...well, everything. He entered the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He brought a metallic hand up to his face and touched the metal that was permanently on his chin. A lump in his throat formed as he traced the scars that were on his skin.
...monster...
                            Stop...
                                           ...freak...
                            Stop it!
                   ...you don't belong anywhere...
                    I said...
  ...you should have died ten years ago..
                          STOP IT!!!!!

Genji smashed his fist against the delicate glass, shattering the big mirror into pieces. Not realizing what he had done, he slowly moved his fist away from the now broken mirror. He stared at his hand for a second, and then collapsed onto his knees.
I really am a monster...
Genji brought his knees to his chest, and covered his face. He felt cold on the outside, and in the inside. He just wanted the darkness to consume him, taking him away from this cruel world. He wanted silence. He wanted...
                            ...death...

"Genji? Hey Ninja, you in here?" A voice asks.
Genji's body stiffened. He felt frozen on the spot, unable to move.
"I-in the bathroom." He managed to call.
Quick footsteps grew louder and louder until they reached the bathroom door.
"Genji...what happened in here?" Y/N voice rang out throughout the bathroom. "Are you ok?"
He slowly shook his head no, and as if on cue, Y/N crouched down beside him and grabbed ahold of his hand.
"C'mon Carrot-Kun. Follow me."
Genji did as he was told. He stood up, but kept his head low. Y/N brought him back over to the bed, were she sat both her and himself on the soft mattress.
"So...what happened?" Y/N asked.
Genji didn't answer. He just stared at the floor, unable to make eye contact with his concerned lover.
"Genji look, I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but I can't help you if you don't tell me."
Genji remained looking at the floor. The lump in his throat was getting bigger, and bigger each second. What was he supposed to say? How was he supposed to phrase what was going on in his head. Y/N was now standing in front of him.
"My love, you can tell me anything. I wont judge you at all. I love you, and I want you to know that I'm always here for you."
And that's when that lump in Genji's throat was released.
     It started off as silent tears running down Genji's scared cheeks, and then it quickly turned into full blown sobbing. His body shook as his sobs filled he room. Y/N quickly sat back down, and held Genji in her arms. He wrapped his arms around her body as he cried freely into her shoulder. All of that hate, depression, and anxiety spilled out of him as he sobbed. He needed to let everything out. About thirty minutes later, his harsh sobbing turned into quiet sniffles. He buried his face more into his lovers shoulder as she played with his hair a little. Y/N separated from Genji, and took his face into her hands. His hazel eyes looked into her E/C ones. She the smiled at him. A pure genuine smile.
"I love you." Her soft voice spoke.
Genji's eyes widened slightly.
"Y-You love me? Even though I'm...Im this?" He gestured to himself.
"Yes. I love you. I don't care if your a cyborg, or if your human, or whatever. I love you for you, Genji. No body can change the way I feel about you."
Genji felt something inside him that he hadn't felt in a while. He felt...warm. He was loved. Not because of his looks, but because of himself. His mouth twitched into a small smile.
"Arigatō, Watashi no Hikari." He said. "For everything."
To which she replied, "Your welcome my love. I'd do anything for you."
Genji's lips were the greeted with another soft pair. He closed his eyes, bringing his lover closer to him, and holding her close as if she were going to be taken. Their lips moved in sync with each other until hey finally broke apart. Y/N rested her forehead on Genji's. They just sat there, enjoying each-others company, and holding each-other, occasionally whispering sweet nothings into each-others ears.
"Genji?" Y/N asked.
"Yes, kyūtī?"
"I still think you handsome. Even with the scars and the metal body."
Genji chuckled softly as Y/N cupped his cheek. He kissed her palm and then leaned into her touch.

And after so much time...so much time of discrimination, and hate, Genji felt...

...loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holy crap that took a while. I'm sorry if this was a little short. I tried my best to make it lengthy without to much extra information. I really hope your guys enjoyed this story, and I'm sorry if it was super depressing. I gtg tho cuz I have school tomorrow and it is LATE!
Well, goodnight my noodles!
-Suta_dasuto