Chapter 21 - Quaking & Confiding

Start from the beginning

Yep when I finally arrived home and looked at my bracelet I saw a few strands of his luscious black locks entangled around my charm so when he said "I think your bracelet is caught on my hair" and then later I tore away from him I also tore his hair out.

Why me?

I always had to go and complicate things. How am I going to ever be able to face him after that? In just one moment I slipped and made a huge mistake.

I've been quaking in fear of having to pass him since I woke up the next morning through my first periods and lunch time. Nothing could take my mind off of it. Like for example I had been looking around for Nyah as she hadn't been at school since the beginning of the year when my eyes caught on to the back of Valentino's head and I leaped in the nearest room to hide. Then in Home ec we were making our own dip which remined me of salsa dip which obviously reminded me of the salsa competition, then the last time we practised for it, then the kiss.

URGH! I just want to pretend that it never happened! I honestly have never embarrassed myself as badly as I did yesterday. "When will the nightmare end?!" I questioned myself, burying my thought filled head in my hands. And of course doing this reminded me of the bracelet I was wearing, which Valentino gave me, and which took part in pulling his hair out, after I fucking kissed him!

"You alright Cassie?"

I removed my hands from my eyes, squinting at the bright light before my eyes went into focus. I looked up to see Talia standing above and released the breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

I probably should have realized that it wasn't Valentino by the fact that she had a much more feminine voice than him.

Valentino had lower voice which went husky when he was frustrated or talking quietly and boy did his voice give me chills...

Snap out of it!

"Yeah, yeah I'm...fine" I finally answered

Talia gave me a look which implied that she didn't believe me, which she probably shouldn't since I was lying through my teeth.

"Hmm" she murmured "Budge up" she demanded, signaling me to make room for her next to me. I was currently in the Junior & Senior common room where us upperclassmen liked to hang out during free periods. Anyone who didn't take 'creative' subjects like Art, Dance, Drama, Music and textiles had a free period which was about 40% of both years.

After Talia made herself comfortable and but her bag down she directed her attention back to me "You seemed a little off in cooking class today"

Probably because I couldn't stop think about salsa. The dance kind

"I guess I'm just trying to get back in my daily routine"

She slowly nodded at the reply however I'm not sure that she was buying it. "Yeah I know what you mean a week off does kind of makes it hard to go back to proper schooling"

"So how are things with you and Valentino" Talia added after a few seconds of silence

My eyes widened "Everything..uh" I coughed when I noticed that my voice was going higher than usual "All's good, the competition is this weekend. Can't wait!" I replied

"Okay...Now tell me what's really going on" Talia dead-panned

I gulped I hadn't told anyone what I did, not even Nyah. "N-nothings going on everything it just...great"

"Really?" Talia asked creasing her eyebrows whilst I nodded "If you won't tell me I'll just have to ask him myself, and oh look just on time here he comes now" she smiled