( scene seven. )

┏━ tribulation.
( SCENE 7 ) ━┛

A crisp, cool breeze flows effortlessly passed Ismene while she makes her way to the quiet gardens of Winterfell

A crisp, cool breeze flows effortlessly passed Ismene while she makes her way to the quiet gardens of Winterfell. There were no flowers nor colorful flora in the gardens due to the cold climate, save the single Heart tree that towered above all the others and was adorned by crimson leaves. A garden in the North normally was a place for a carved face of the Old Gods to reside, etched into the wood thousands of years ago by the Children of the forest. There, she would often find a quiet place pray to the gods during times of trouble.

It was only the second day of the Estemore's arrival, leaving only two more before she and Lukas would come together in matrimony. Earlier that morning, the measurements were taken for her wedding gown before the servants and Sansa would begin to diligently work on the gown so that it was ready for the big day. With every tasks that was completed, she felt the inevitable daunting on her like a prominent shadow.

Fenrir was left in her chambers so that she may pray in quiet. Yet, without him there, she felt naked without her companion. For her, he had become something like a sword is to a man: their weapon, their protection. As she wanders along the dirt path that led to her usual praying spot below the hanging branches, she could hear the slight murmuring of someone speaking.

She finds a brown haired girl kneeling before the giant red-leafed tree. She sits on her knees, elbows placed on the stone bench as she prayed diligently. It was apparent that she wasn't a servant, especially dressed in such fine clothing. Unbeknownst to the girl, Ismene was wandering up quietly.

Ismene selfishly listened to what the girl had to say, even if it might be private. Though, the words the girl muttered were low and mumbled so it didn't do her any good to listen. Suddenly, the girl whirred around, revealing the face of Evolet Estemore.

"M'Lady!" She exclaims, embarrassment apparent on her features after being found in the middle of prayer. She quickly gets to her feet as to not disrespect Lord Starks daughter and her future Good-Sister. "I didn't mean to intrude on your spot—"

Ismene waves a hand, offering a kind smile. "This place is not simply mine because I live here," she murmurs reassuringly. She wanted to know the girl who would become her sister and she first must start with kindness. "This is a place for any and all to uplift their dreams and troubles." She places a soft hand on Evolet's shoulder. "It is good to finally meet you."

Evolet, feeling slightly less on edge, returns a weak smile. "As it is you, m'Lady," she replies softly. Ismene maneuvers around her to take a seat on the stone bench. Once sitting, she pats the open area for Evolet to join her. Somewhat reluctantly, she does.

"I would like to know about the family which I will be living among," Ismene begins. She knew Lukas, at least some, but she needed to know about her future good-sister, mother, and father if she were going to be able to settle in. She already took a liking to Evolet after finding her praying, deciding that they would be very close in the future.