2

2.

Editing credits: RedLine0311

WAHAAJ’S POV:

I went to the dining table for breakfast where my mother was already waiting for me. I greeted her and sat down on my seat.

“Son, I want you to come with me to a wedding tonight.” My mom said.

“Mom-” I was going to excuse myself when she interrupted.

“I don’t want any excuses. The wedding is a relative’s and I want you to meet them.” She said while I sighed. My agreement would be inevitable if I wanted to prevent her sadness.

My father passed away when I was 22. While I lived my whole life in Dubai, I had to shift here a year ago due to two reasons. One being that my mother wanted to live her life in Pakistan and two, I wanted to handle the business I have here personally. My father was a mafia boss as well so by default, I had to take over after hs death.I also possess a legal business as a cover-up for my mafia one.

“Okay Mom.” I agreed and left, kissing her cheek.

I got a call from my friend as well as brother,Ayyan.

“Hello” I spoke into the phone.

“One of our men tried to sell off women and then lied about it when asked.” Ayyan said hesitantly as he know I couldn’t take betrayals well.

“Where is he right now?” I inquired.

“In the warehouse.” He replied.

“Cut off his hands and tongue. Give him a slow, painful death. He should’ve thought of the consequences before doing so.” I instructed. I’d rather kill him on my own, but I didn’t have time today.

At evening, I got ready and left for the wedding along with my mother.

“I don’t want you to look at people this coldly at the wedding.” Mom said.

“I will try not to.” I said. I knew my power to make people shiver just by looking at them and I made use of this power quite often.

As soon as we reached the venue, my mom started greeting people around. Looking around, I saw a girl. My breath was stuck in my throat. She was the epitome of beauty and when she laughed, she looked as serene as sunshine. The girl had on a baby pink dress which went very well with her mlk white and luminous skin.

 The girl had on a baby pink dress which went very well with her mlk white and luminous skin

She made me think that she was a ray of sunshine in my world of darkness. I broke out of my trance and quickly averted my eyes when I saw her looking around. That was also when I realized that I’d been looking at her without blinking

My eyes seemed to follow her every move. As my mom introduced me to different people, I saw her walking out of the hall and I found myself following her without me realizing. AS soon as I realized what I was doing, anger took over me as I thought of her power over me. I was angry enough to want to smash something against the nearest wall.

In my thoughts, I bumped into someone but I left without saying a word because if I had, more harm would’ve been caused.

I calmed myself and advanced towards my mother. She was standing with a couple and the same little girl. Mom was pulling her cheek while the girl just flushed and looked down.It lessened my anger and I greeted the couple when Mom introduced us.

The girl looked up at me but then blatantly ignored me. I could see anger in her expressive brown eyes. The girl told her mother that she was going somewhere and left. I was unable to understand the reason of her anger. She was, in fact, just smiling at Mom a couple minutes ago.

“Sorry. She isn’t usually like that. There must’ve been a problem.” Her mother spoke.

“It’s okay. She looks like she has a sweet soul. There must be an issue.” Mom said.

My phone rang up and I excused myself to receive it.

I was speaking to the person on the other side of the phone when, I saw that sam little girl walk to a corner along with another girl. Her sister inquired as to what happened and she informed her that she’d met a man. I realized that I was being spoken about. She called him mannerless amongst many other things.

“How dare she talk about me like that?” I thought.

I noticed that I was still on the phone when she looked at me. I quickly covered my anger and gave her a cold look.

As soon as she left, I threw my phone against a nearby wall in anger. It made me hella angry that a little girl spoke about me in such a way. I could tell she didn’t have the slightest clue about me but still, She needed punishment and she was going to regret her words very soon.

When she was leaving, I kept peering at her. I wanted her to know what mistake she had done by doing what she had.

The Devil was after her now.