1

ABEERA’S POV:

I woke up with the sound of my annoying alarm. After turning it off, I did my morning business and offered my prayers and soon after, got ready and went down for breakfast.

I greeted my family and sat down on my seat.

“So princess, how are your classes going?” Dad asked me.

“Good Dad, it’s just the beginning of my semester, so there isn’t a lot of study stress.” I answered.

After breakfast, Di(Saira) and I went together to the university with our driver. My sister is doing her final year of fashion designing. She is my best friend and I don’t how I’ll be managing after her marriage.

Coming home, we quickly got ready for our cousin, Mahira’s wedding. Mahira di is a 24 year old. Our families are quite close and so, we’ve made a gang of three. Saira di, Mahira di and I.

As we went downstairs,”Mashallah, my princesses are looking beautiful today” Mom complimented Di and I. We kissed her cheek and left for the wedding.

Upon reaching, we saw that the venue was beautifully decorated. Mom and Dad began greeting guests, while Di and I decided to go Mahira di.

“Aren’t you both early?” Mahira di asked sarcastically, looking down.

Ignoring her, I chuckled and the both of us started teasing her, making her blush like a tomato. While doing so, I felt someone’s eyes on me. I looked around to see who it was but couldn’t find anyone. So I disregarded it and began talking again only to have the feeling of trained eyes hit me. And so, I tried to distract myself.

“Oh! I think I left my phone in the car. I need to get it.” I suddenly remembered. I walked towards my father and took the car keys from him. I was walking back with my phone in my hand when I saw a guy bumping in a lady and leaving without apologizing or helping her pick up her purse.

“How rude that was? Did he not have any manners?” I thought angrily and marched inside the hall.

Going to return the keys, I saw my parents with a lady.

“Abeera, this is a relative.” Mom introduced and I greeted the aunt. She was a bit older than my mother.

“She is so cute” The auntie said as she pulled my cheeks while I just blushed, looking down.

A man came and stood beside the woman.

“Here is my son, Wahaaj.”she said. I looked up to see the previously rude man, which made me hella angry. My parents exchanged greetings with him and before I know it, they were looking at me as if expecting me to greet the guy.

“Me?Greeting him?Never in a million years” I thought.

“Mom I’m going to Di.” I told my mom and left without waiting for an answer.

When Di noticed my sour mood, she dragged me to a corner and asked me what happened.

“What happened?! Di, I met a horribly arrogant and rude man is what happened. He didn’t have any manners while his mother is such a sweet lady.” I gritted.

“Oh… Okay now relax. Don’t be spoiling your mood.” She said. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. As we turned around, I saw the same rude man standing at a distance. He looked as if he was on a call but when his cold eyes met mine, I knew he‘d listened to what I’d said about him. I didn’t really care.

Sometime later, we decided to head out. As I was seated in the car, I saw the rude man again. He was walking with his sweet mother towards the parking lot but, the only difference was that his eyes were focused on me.

We moved out of the parking lot and I willed myself to stop thinking about the man. Upon reaching home, I changed and went to sleep.

THE EDITING CREDIT OF THIS CHAPTER GOES TO RedLine0311