I was small in stature, walking around at a measly 5'0 and roughly 125pd, which made me seem, as you call, "thick," but I wasn't flabby more firm. So here we call my type of girl fat, with the skeletons being bone literally and the vampires being lean, fairies mainly built all the same called tiny, and then there's me ... Fat.

Fat wasn't a bad thing, though. It was mainly just a filler word because there were so many types of bodies that you couldn't label them all.

I didn't go outside like this, though. When out of my home, I was in a shift to look tan, with medium-length black hair, no markings, glasses, and basically, the breast area was nonexistent. Basically, one reason Derek and I got to be the so-called normals... We both want to be invisible to our world, or we used to like that. But, recently, I've felt an unsettling shift in Derek.

So I closed my eyes and focused on the girl I wanted to look like, fire flowed through my vines, and a shiver took over my body. When I opened my eyes, I was the girl everyone saw.

I was just Kat, the nobody with no powers, the girl no one would want to be around... The girl that wasn't heir to the kingdom's grand thrown. I wasn't a princess anymore; I was just Kat. No target was on my back.

Not to say I thought I had a target on my back, although my parents saw it another way, and I wasn't sure why. But, on the other hand, it wasn't like I had done anything to be targeted in my seventeen years of life.

Princess's had to go to school, too, right? I didn't enjoy it, not really.

Throwing on a pair of plain black sweats and a white stained tank top, I pulled over a grey hoodie with our school's logo and fiddled with the holes in it before finally being satisfied I was now a 'normal.' As I brushed my teeth and pulled on my shoes, my hair went into a ponytail.

' As I brushed my teeth and pulled on my shoes, my hair went into a ponytail

SCHOOL

Our school is small, roughly holding a thousand teens. Beautiful vines grew all over it, blocking what the building structure really looked like as stone gargoyles rubbed the massive, colorfully designed Windows clean while students rolled in. I looked over at Derek and sighed.

To be invisible had its perks. People would separate as you walked by but did not really realize why. You could talk as loud and about whatever you wanted without being noticed, and not even the slight head turn would accrue.

My goal since I was born was to be as unnoticed as humans were. No one had seen the "princess" for years, not since she was about two in pigtails and decked out in royal dresses and beautiful bone jewelry. My oh-so-protective parents made it that way for a reason, and I wasn't knocking it by no means.

Who was I to know what was lurking in the shadows? Waiting for the right moment to strike on a small girl and one with such a Royal position as myself?

Or maybe that was the paranoia I was raised to believe, maybe or not. I knew I didn't want to find out yet, though.

It was a regular school, we had our math class, science, and Physical Health, but there were also classes every race had to attend to graduate. They start at preschool to practice and learn more about their race. Derek and I were excluded from these classes until this year. Something about being mandatory and royals having to take part.