Chapter Three

Eliza's Point Of View

I flushed when I saw the painting, but turned back to my own and covered it as class begun to near it's end. I looked up to him and smiled uneasily. Surely he only thought of me as a friend?

  He smiled back, embarrassed beyond repair. I moved my hand to grab my scedule, and smiled when he grabbed it for me.

  "No way." He laughed, shaking his head with disbelief. I tilted my own in confusion.  What? "Yeah?" He scratched his head and grinned at me. "Well, we have almost all of the same classes."

  I blushed and nodded. "Guess so. Nice painting, by the way." I tried to wink but looked like a twitching fool, and blushed. He looked adorably flustered- wait. He's just a friend. For now.

  Sam and Flower walked over to us, nodding to James. "Sup brah." Sam nodded to James. He was shorter than James, but not by much with dirty blonde hair. Flower was my height, a Mexican girl with black hair that easily touched her shoulderblades.

  I smiled to Flower and she went to pull me away from the two. "Hi. I'm Flower. Anyways! Chika, he likes you. I can tell!" She exclaimed in her Spanish accent.

  She jumped up and down, flailing. Sam and James glanced over, snickering. I hid my face and Flower yanked my hands away."I ship it!" She squealed as loud as she could, and James groaned.

(A/N  Shipping is getting two people and or fictional characters and "shipping"  them, which is short for Relationship.  So, basically your couples you think would be good)

  Sam chuckled and pushed James over, pulling Flower to his arm as the bell rang. "C'mon." He darted out of the room and pulled Flower along, who made little heart shapes at James and I.

  I blushed and grabbed my stuff. "C'mon James. I have my stuff for next period."

Ye Olde Time Skip

  The lunch tables were scattered around the cafeteria, the round tables filled. James was waiting at a table with his friends, one seat next to him empty.

  I hurried over from across the room and smiled. "Hey James!" I waved and he beamed at me as I rushed over.

  A girl with blonde hair took my seat, staring at James and smiling. He slowly gazed at her and smiled, mumbling something in her ear. She giggled and traced his chest with a finger. I looked down at my food and felt my stomach churn.

  I bit my lip. James' friends glared at her, and gave me sympathetic looks. "Hey, James. It's Eliza!" Flower chirped, waving. She was sitting next to the blonde, obviously pissed.

  The Blonde looked to me innocently and laughed. "Oh hi, I'm Ashley. His girlfriend." James looked at her and frowned. "Uh..When did us happen..?" He asked slowly. She paled and blushed, before running off.

  I sat next to James and pouted. He shrugged and began to eat, mumbling a sorry as he chowed down.

  Flower began to rant about stuff in spanish, and a few other of the people at our circle table joined in. I leaned against James and whispered into his ear. "I took french the last two years. What're they saying?"

  He chuckled and shrugged. "Hell if I know." They quieted and began to eat,  mumbling profanities to eachother.

  James yawned and put his arm around my shoulders. I blushed and leaned on him,  finishing my food. "We have about ten minutes left. What to talk about.."

  "So where'd you come from?" One of our friends, Mindy, asked. She leaned onto her boyfriend Chases shoulder.

  "Alabama, Arkansas. All over. I've lived in Hollywood, lived in Alaska. Everywhere." I laughed and rubbed my shoulder. Damn was James A bad pillow.

Mindy nodded and smiled. The bell began to ring, signaling the end of our lunch.