Chapter 16

Message to: Wyatt.

Hey, can you come and pick me up? I stayed over in school ate so I couldn't catch the bus.

3:58 PM.

Message from: Wyatt.

Sure! Can you wait for about twenty minutes? I get out of my lecture in the next few minutes.

4:05 PM.

I smiled down at Wyatt's reply before texting him a simple 'yes.' My face had grown warm, and my chest had a fluttering feeling in it.

"Stop it," I scolded myself, feeling my face heat up even more. Somehow, I had managed to control being a flustered mess around Wyatt, but my heart was still jumpy, and my mind felt light when I was around him. I put my phone away before turning to my locker and opening it to change my books. I was about to close my locker's door and leave when I felt a strong grip on my shoulder.

"Ant." The sound of Jay's voice made me freeze on the spot. It took me a while, but I managed to turn my head enough to look at him. He looked like hell. His dirty blond hair was a mess, and he had dark circles under his eyes. I hadn't seen him for the past few days, and I had just assumed he was laying low for some reason or the other.

"Follow me." I did as Jay said, following him into the hallway that led to the empty classrooms. He opened one of the doors, and he pulled me in before closing it behind him.

"Why did you send me that link?" his voice was low but firm. I backed away from him a bit, and when there was a reasonable amount of space between us I sighed and shrugged at his question.

"I don't know," I eventually said, scratching the back of my neck. I didn't like the silence. I didn't like the harsh frown Jay was throwing my way.

"You outed me. I was sitting right next to my dad on the sofa waiting for you to reply to the text I sent you, and you sent me a link to a gay porn video. Really, Ant? Why?" his voice was getting higher now, and I shifted until my hip hit the edge of a table and I had no more space to back up. I just stared at him, not knowing what to say in response.

Oh shit. I thought, looking down at the white tiles. Maybe I should have thought about what could have happened.

"I told him it was just a joke, but he snatched my phone from me and went through my history, and of course I've been watching stuff like that, so he only found more," he groaned. "Why the hell did you do that, why?"

"I'm sorry..." I trailed. "I just wanted you to leave me alone."

Jay stared at me with an odd look on his face, and suddenly the frown that had been on his face returned and deepened.

"God, fuck you," he said, turning away before walking out of the classroom and shutting the door behind him. I stood still in my spot, blinking in shock at what had just happened. A few minutes passed before I decided to leave the classroom and walk out of the school building and taking a seat on the stairs case. My phone buzzed in my pocket, so I took it out to check the notification.

Message from: Wyatt.

I'm driving up to your school's gate. Get ready.

4:23 PM.

I read Wyatt's text before getting up. As I walked to the school gate I saw Wyatt's car come up the sidewalk. I smiled at him when he wound down his car's window glass and waved. After a while of just staring, I made my way to the passage seat up in front. When I climbed in Wyatt's gaze turned to me.