Complete and Utter Devotion

Start from the beginning

Souda playfully slapped Hajime's back, "Dude, it's called being alone together."

Izuru murmured, 'Hajime, teach him what happens when we are provoked.'

'I'm not going to attack my friends just because someone hurt your feelings. In case you haven't noticed, we're being closely scrutinized by the Future Foundation.'

'The Future Foundation can easily be taken care of,' Izuru reassured him.

Hajime rolled his eyes, 'This coming from the guy who got captured by them.'

"Hello?" Souda waved a hand in front of Hajime's face, "Anyone inside there?"

"Is he still out of it?" Akane set down her tray full of food and munched on a strip of bacon.

"Pretty much," Souda eyed Akane as feasted, "Aren't you going to eat breakfast with Peko and Ibuki?"

Akane stopped eating for a moment, "It's just hard, you know? Seeing them again after..."

"Seeing who?" Hajime asked.

"It's about time you came back into the world of the living!" Akane exclaimed.

"Dude, you've been spacing out lately," Souda eyed his friend, "Are you okay, man?"

'Ignore him, he will only use us for his own means.'

'Not everyone is out to get you.'

"There he goes again," Souda shook his head, "You should probably see someone about that."

"Huh?" Hajime blinked.

"You just spaced out again," Akane informed him, "It's kind of like you're on another planet sometimes. But, it was a lot shorter this time."

"Oh, that," Hajime realized, "Izuru likes to pester me sometimes. He's been getting more and more talkative lately."

"So, like, you can speak to him through your mind?"

"I mean, he is in my head already so..."

"Dude, that's so awesome!" Souda stopped smiling when he saw Hajime's frowning face, "Wait, what's the matter?"

Hajime stared down at his plate, "I could've sworn I got two slices of toast."

Hajime looked up at Akane only for her to look away as she innocently wiped some crumbs off her face.

"Akane," Hajime asked, "Why are you here?"

Souda groaned, "That's pretty harsh even if she did eat your food, man."

"Now, what's that supposed to mean?" Akane glared at him.

"Don't you usually sit with Ibuki and Peko?" Hajime clarified.

"That's what I just asked her, man!" Souda groaned, "You need to stop talking to the voice in your head and pay attention to what's actually there in front of you."

"You're making it sound like I'm crazy," Hajime accused Souda.

"Aren't we all a little crazy?"

Akane sighed, "Geez, does it matter where I sit so much?"

"Hold on, you aren't avoiding them, are you?" he took a bite out of his toast, "You can't run away from the people that care about you," Hajime felt some unsettling stares as he reached for the napkins in the center of the table, "What?"

"Are you serious?" Akane deadpanned, "You're the last person who should be speaking."

"Hypocrite," Souda muttered under his breath before resuming his drink.