Chapter 1

this is it! the first chapter of Darkness. I am very excited to start this because I got this idea about halfway through All Over Again and I am really happy I have finally posted it :)

It has been hard growing up without parents. The family I have had around me my whole life has been my uncle and my brother. I have learned that my parents died in a car crash when I was 3. I don't need the sympathy because, I really didn't know them that much, my brother did though he was 7 when it happened.

When our parents died we moved in with our uncle and when Danny turned 18 he bought his own place and asked me to move in with him. I was 14. Danny had taken over the fatherly role and is really over protective of me.

"Mel, Hurry up! You're going to be late!" I ran out of the bathroom and into my bedroom "give me a minute!" I could hear Danny mumble a few curse words. I rolled my eyes as I picked up my bag and ran down the stairs. I picked up my jacket from the coat rack "I'm ready!" Danny picked up his keys from the coffee table "thank god!"

Danny parked his car "Harry is picking you up after school" I sighed "why?" Harry is Danny's annoying best friend. They have been best friends since he was 18 and Harry was 17. Harry always finds a way to annoy me. "because I don't get off work until 6" I sighed again "okay" Danny leaned over and pulled me into a hug "I'll bring dinner back if you want?" I laughed as I pulled away "that would be great"

I got out the car and walked into the building. Thank god this is my last year at school.

"MEL!" Jade came running over with Matt trailing behind. "Hey" I hugged Jade. We walked up to our lockers. "you don't look too happy" Matt adjusted his bag on his shoulder "just having troubles with work" he shrugged his shoulders "nothing big" the warning bell rung which signals first period. Going to be a long day.

When the final bell for the day rang, I literally jumped from my seat and put my stuff in my bag. Jade and Matt were waiting outside the classroom. We walked out the building and I stopped when I saw the familiar Range Rover. I could just see Harry sitting in the driver's seat.

"I'll see you guys later" they waved me goodbye as I walked over to the car and got in. "hey babe" I could hear the smirk in his voice. I turned my head and gave him a look. He chuckled "what crawled into your pants this morning" I rolled my eyes "just take me home so I can be alone" Harry backed out of the parking space and left the school grounds.

Once Harry had parked on the side of the road I picked up my stuff and got out. I heard another door slam shut and turned around to see Harry walking around the car and over to the house "what are you doing?" Harry shrugged his shoulders but kept that smirk which I really want to smack right off his face "it's Friday, I always stay on Fridays"

Great.