Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"That can't be true. Nate is mate less, if he did find his mate he would told me no matter what. And who would ever reject a good person like him who has done well to all?" I asked blankly.

Nate can't be mated, he would never be rejected. He is amazing and that is just not possibly. Who would be so heartless to ever hurt someone like him?

"Lily Dear, I am saying this because I have witnessed these exact symptoms years back, and that werewolf was rejected by his mate too." He said.

"What happened to this werewolf doc?" I asked without taken my eyes off Nate's face.

"He didn't survive the rejection." He mumbled. I shook my head as a lone tear escaped and slid onto my cheeks. The doc squeezed my shoulder and left.

"I don't believe them Nate. You would never give up so easily. It was always you who told me never give up when I was low or dejected. Then how can you do this to yourself. Please I beg you to fight it, fight it for Liam, and the rest, for me and most important fight for your mate." I cupped his face in my palms, his cold skin sent shivers through me.

I had no idea how long I sat there but next thing I knew was Kevin had entered the room and told me to go freshen up. I didn't want to leave Nate in case he woke up, but he forced me and reluctantly I got up to leave. As i was about to leave, I heard Nate mumble something. Snapping my neck quickly, I crouched down and stared at him.

"Kevin did you hear that? Nate just said something." I yelled suddenly feeling excited. Kevin gave me a confused look; he shook his head and took my hand in his.

"Hailey he didn't say anything. You're just too tired. I think you really need to rest." He slowly advised but I knew what I heard.

"Kevin he said something. Something like 'ther' or 'other', I am not too sure." I grumbled feeling irritated and annoyed.

"Hails baby please go and take a nap. You really need it; I promise if anything comes up, I'll be the first to call you." I nodded numbly. That small feeling of happiness disappeared, leaving me sad again. In my heart I knew he had said something but then why didn't Kevin hear it too.

I walked out of the room and came face to face with Liam. His smooth hair was standing in different directions, his eyes looked tired and bags surrounded them. He looked ten years older. I just stood there staring him. He had a serious look on his face, yet I could see the distraught running behind his eyes.

His gaze fell on me and small smile formed on his face. That minute nothing could stop me from running and jumping into his arms, letting the tears finally fall again. He held me tight and I couldn't ask for more. His familiar smell was somewhat soothing.