The faults in our government

The teacher walked over to Nicole and put a hand on her shoulder, but the ebony haired girl swatted her away and just slid down the door, shaking and feeling wave after wave of emotional pain lapping against her soul like a bed of nails being rubbed against her skin repeatedly. Nicole sat against the door with her head in her hands and the dark angels beginning to crawl over her, one getting into her lap and grabbing at her chest like a hungry baby does their mother, but she didn't move, she just sat there and cried. The teacher was back at her desk, making calls to the office and nurse, Nicole could feel her watching her while the woman spoke quietly into the phone.

After a moment, Nicole felt the weight of all of the children who were clinging to her lessen, causing her to raise her head and look around the room, which was decorated with pastel colors and colorful pictures on the walls, making it look like a nursery more than a classroom, there was a small black couch pushed against one of the walls and a couple of beanbags were scattered across the a-b-c rug where most of the age-locked students sat and played with stuffed toys. Nicole looked over at the black couch once more and realized that the boy from that morning was sitting there, moving a little girl away from Nicole before slowly getting onto his knees and crawling over, moving the little boy on her lap and giving her a hug, squeezing her forearm comfortingly while he held her.

Nicole sniffled and looked up at him, seeing that he was staring at the wall with his completely black eyes while his shaggy black hair fell into his face, and from the way his face twitched, Nicole could tell that it bothered him, but for some reason he never moved to fix his bangs, he just kept her firmly against his chest in a secure hug. Part of Nicole wanted to push him away, but she only ended up sobbing into his dark grey hoodie, which smelled of cleaning detergent and food that Nicole reasoned that he may have dropped onto his clothes while eating. Nicole cried until the classroom door opened and she heard someone begin talking to the dark angels around her, once again moving them from where they had clambered onto her back before gently tugging her away from Mark, 
               "Oh! before you take her, Miss, what's your name?" Mark asked, grabbing onto Nicole's arm with an iron grip, 
               "um, Nicole Johnson," She said, giving a half-hearted laugh at the goofy grin that spread across the blind boys face as the principal helped her up and led her out of the room, down the hall to the office. 

Nicole spent the rest of the morning in the office, telling her story to the principal and having to be consoled by his assistant until she could calm down and continue the story. The principal sat in a long silence for a while after Nicole had recounted her experience and now sat sniffling in the office chair, his small assistant sitting with her, a half used box of tissues in the lap of her business suit, 
            "Maybe we can tie this boy to a couple of horses and make them run in separate directions?" the principal said curiously, but his assistant glared at him and he dropped the idea. 

Mr. Clark was a weird principal. He was lazy if he had to send out an email he would use shorthand that would drive every English teacher insane, and he was more likely to be hanging out in the special ed classroom most days more than his actual office. Aside from that, he had a tendency to dye his hair strange colors, currently his hair looked like a rainbow ice cream cone, for no reason other than it looked cool to him, and unlike most authorities, he was very passionate about putting a stop to assault on Succubi or incubi, which made the school board regret the day that he was put in the principals office. In contrast to this passionate college kid was a very task-oriented little woman that most students called Mrs. Wu. She had long black hair that she wore up in a tight bun or ponytail, and usually wore a business outfit, complete with freshly pressed collared shirt, creaseless pencil skirt and four inch heels. Mrs. Wu usually kept Mr. Clark on task, commonly seen having him on a literal Harness like someone would when walking a dark angel,  or chasing after him in the halls throughout the day. Despite her best efforts though, Mrs. Wu was roped into his antics, whether it's just him deciding to dress up, or randomly make a random day to allow students to put costumes on.

Together, the two were a wonderful pair of authoritative figures, willing to help someone like Nicole who was in her situation, so the succubus had no issues with telling them about the incident and just venting. When she was done, Mrs. Wu went to call the police while Mr. Clark sat with Nicole and assured her that they would fight for legal action, but it just infuriated her,
             "How can you assure that?! The government doesn't give a single shit about my species! We can't be raped, it's just feeding!" She screamed, her blood boiling in her veins as she slammed her hands into the principal's desk until she had tired herself out and just fell back into the false leather chair that she had gotten up from, huffing and breathing heavily. Mr. Clark came over and pat her back, letting out a deep sigh before speaking, 
             "Listen, I wish I could change the way people see your kind, but I can't, what I can do though, is fight to get the kid who did this expelled, or at least suspended as much as I legally can for this."  Mr. Clark said with a determined gleam in his brown eyes, giving  Nicole a tissue in case she needed it and standing up as a couple of cops entered with Mrs. Wu.

Nicole glared at the men, who gave her a cold, bored look as if it was her fault that someone had tried to grope her, but Mr. Clark pressured them to listen to Nicole, so they sat down and let her restate the story she had already told the principal. When she was done, the cops finished with their, notes and got up to leave, saying goodbye and saying that they will do all that they can to take legal action against the boy who had done this. 
                "That son of a bitch was drawing bugs bunny," Mr. Clark muttered darkly, glaring after the officers. Nicole didn't care, she knew that they would never take her case seriously. After an hour of Mrs. Wu actually taking down notes on the student's appearance, she let Nicole return to her class.