I secretly smile to myself as for the first time, they are jealous of me.

“Only you Angel, only you,” Zithanial whispers to me as he leans down to kiss the side of my hair. 

Alpha Stone clears his throat, “Amelia?” he questions. “What is it going to be?”

*What is it going to be, baby?* Zithanial asks inside of my head. I jump in shock, it has been so long since I have had someone in my head. The feeling feels so foreign.

Zithanial wraps his arm around me and brings me closer to his body heat. *I will do the talking, just tell me what you want Honey, anything.*

I take another glance around the room once more, people waiting patiently for my decision. Families and friends clinging to one another, tormentors that know their doomed fate, heads are hung.

*I don’t know, there are so many of them. If there was less it would be easier.* I pause for a second trying to scrummage for a punishment. I look up to Zithanial and tell him telepathically, *Extra patrol? 15 months of community service at an orphanage or abuse centre? Don’t mean to me anymore or they get exiled?* I pathetically try and come up with fitting punishments, but they never seem enough.

A small smile creeps onto Zithanial’s face and he gives me a small nod and turns to the awaiting crowd. Zithanial steps forward with his head high and brings me forward along with him. Like a true Alpha, Zithanial addresses the weres’. “My beautiful Mate has decided.” He pauses and lets the crowd absorb what he said, myself included.

He just called me beautiful in front of his entire pack with no stutter, like he was just stating a fact. Even though Zithanial has gone and explained to me in detail that I am not ugly or fat, there is still quick a large bit in me that can’t believe him.

“Every were’ from the ages 17 to 25 will have extra patrol for 15 weeks. You will also has 15 months or community service working at a local orphanage or traumatic abuse centre.” Zithanial eyes everyone in the crowd as me tightens his grip on me. Zithanial’s voice goes from the strong commanding tone to an ice cold venom filled quality, “And if you so much as insult what Amelia is wearing, you will be exiled or worse.” Zithanial finishes.

The room is silent as Zithanial delivers their punishment, you can’t even hear anyone breathing.

Alpha Stone clears his throat, “If that is what Amelia whats it to be, then so be it.” As that was finalised Alpha Stone and the Elders went back into the study to go over the details and the arrangements what will be needed.

As soon as he stepped off the stage many Mothers and young females broke down crying in relief. The tension had been cut out of the air and it was as if the room breathed a breath of relief. 

I was still standing up on the stage with Zithanial by my side, but I needed to talk with someone. With my head held as high as I could, I crossed the short distance to the wooden stairs that lead to the front of the gathering.

My destination was Adrain and it didn’t take me long to reach him, Adrian had met me half way. Before I could even pause to gather up the courage to speak, Adrain dropped to his knees at my feet and started balling his eyes out.

“Never again,” He started. “Never again will I hurt you, I promise. I promise that I will always be there to protect you. I know I should have done that to start with, but I was only a kid who missed his parents, I didn’t know what to do. I am so sorry.” Adrain stared up at me with tears rushing down his face. I could feel my own starting to form in my eyes, making my vision blur. “I am so sorry, please, please let me make it up to you. Let me show you that I can be the Brother I was meant to be, the Brother that I want to be. I have missed you sis, I have missed you so much. Every time I looked at you, I saw Mum and Dad, it hurt so much.” Adrain poured his heart and soul out to me. The pain and sorrow that filled his features, so much like my Father’s, my heart broke as he glazed up at me, begging me to let him back in.

But if I did, what could happen?

Thing could turn out terribly, what if he didn’t mean it? What if after 15 months their service was over and they start tormenting me again? I would be able to sit back and take Adrain doing nothing all over again.

Saying that, this could turn out wonderful, I could finally have my family back. I could have a new and bigger family, the Brother, Zithanial and our children that are yet to be. I am not stupid, I know what Mating means and how fast it is expected to be with Alpha’s.

As tears of, sadness and — funny enough — happiness to have my Brother back, drip down my cheek, I place my hand on Adrian’s shoulder and pull up a little. Hoping that he will get to message to stand up. 

Adrain slowly raises to his feet and only comes to my height because of his deflated shoulders. With my right hand I tip his chin up so he is looking into my eyes. The same eyes stare back at each other, twin sets of chocolate brown orbs, twins sets of eyes that have been sad for too long. 

But not any longer, I will have my new life, my new life with my Mate, my new life with my Brother.

I give a slight nod and small smile, gathering up the courage I fling myself into Adrain’s arms. He stills for a second, taking in the situation, then wraps his arms around me and bring my body closer to his. 

My tears come harder as I am wrapped in my Brother arms, the first time in a very long time.

“Never again, I will always be there for you, now and forever Amelia, now and forever Sister.” Adrian whispers into my ear as he hold me close.

I faintly hear Zithanial growling from his spot, probably because Adrain is holding me. But I don’t care, I just got my Brother back and I am never letting my family go again.

I just hope I have made the right decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good? Bad? Comment? Vote?

BeforeTheDive