Chapter 10

I lay down slightly winded from the push, my head touching the arm rest and my body laying on the sofa, with my feet still on the ground.

Zithanial appears above me and he places his hands either side of my head, his face full on anger. “You think I would harm you?” He whispers in a lethal tone. “You think I would damage even a hair on your precious head? You are my Mate! I now live for you, you are now my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way. We may have only just met two hours ago, but werewolves are only ever meant for one person. So we tend to be a lot quicker with the process than humans. I love you more than anything in this entire world, I will never, ever hurt you.” Zithanial lowers his head closer to mine, our lips centimetres apart.

My breathing stopped. He loves me? He loves me! My gorgeous Mate loves me! 

He- he isn’t mad at me. He isn’t mad at me for speaking. Could this be?

Of course it is, you just went and thought the worst. He is our Mate and he would never harm us, Stupid Girl. A decent werewolf wouldn’t harm us. This is what I have been trying to tell you all these years, Saxon is corrupt and evil, making people blindly follow him. It is his doing. Not everyone hates you, in fact, I don’t think many people hate you at all. They are just scared of Saxon. My Wolf calm explains to me.

When did you come up with this? How would you even know?

I socialise with other wolves  in peoples mind, you know —-

I didn’t know you could do that.

Well I can and this is what I have been trying to tell you for the past 10 years but you wouldn’t listen. So listen now!

Before I can reply, a tingling sensation spreads on my lips.

My eyes focus on Zithanial, his dark green eyes, centimetres away from mine. Open and staring into my soul.

If we are this close that means …

Zithanial leans back slightly and removes his, surprisingly soft lips from mine. With a sudden urge, I lean my head up and capture our lips together once more. I just wanted to feel the softness again. Just as quickly as I kissed him, I laid back down again.

I just kissed a guy. I just kissed my Mate, not once but twice! I have never done that before.

Am I aloud to do that? Yes, yes I can!

I feel a blush warming my cheeks, I just kissed my Mate.

Zithanial strokes my cheek with the backs of his fingers, “How could I harm my Mate, when she is as beautiful as you and just talked me.” He whispers with a tender look of love. “You have no idea how much joy this brings me. You make me want to take you in my arms and run out and announce to the world that I love you, that I will do anything for you.”

As much joy as it brings me hearing my Mate say that he loves me, it also feel like this is moving so fast. At the start of the day I knew that I would never get a Mate, now I have one that basically worships the ground I walk on! We have only known each other for a max. of four hours. Then again, we are werewolves and it is normal for you to meet your Mate one day and mate with them the next. It is rare for Mates to leave the mating  a couple of days. How long are we going to take? I might be able to talk to Zithanial, but I don’t know if I am ready to take the next step just yet. But I can’t deny that I have already started to fall for Zithanial. I know from talking, well writing, with him that he is a good man. I can certainly see myself growing to love him, it just that, you know …