Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Few days ago.

The room had been empty since long ago already, no one else left but Watson. It was soon going to be midnight and, still working, the American was gulping down a countless amount of coffee cups. In one hand, he held his mug whilst the other typed in the computer a few last numbers. Once done, Watson stared at his screen silently. He then slowly took a step back, his hand still on the same position as it was on the keyboard.

"I'm done..." He breathed out in disbelief, still staring at the screen. "I'm done..." He repeated, soon his clear eyes twinkling with the characteristic craziness of geniuses, "after years of working on this whole project..." His heart was beating fast and Waston's hand let go of the mug, which soon shattered on the floor.

"Now the game really is finally completed...!" The programmer smirked widely as he threw his papers in the air. "I'M A GENIUS!"

Fen had passed a few hours outside, walking aimlessly on the streets

Fen had passed a few hours outside, walking aimlessly on the streets. The fresh air and night breeze finally freed him of his suffocation, filling him with a new feeling of comfort and freedom. His long dark strands flew behind him as he advanced, the shorter ones staying in place. He glanced up at the sky and hummed in content.

"Fresh air."

The moment he let out that short (fragment) sentence, Fen heard a soft chuckle behind him. He turned his head enough to glance at the gentle form standing behind him.

"Hi!" Smiled the person the male could now register as a very, very pretty young woman. She was around his height, her soft strawberry scent matching the colour of her hair and the softness of her brownish eyes. He took in her gentle features a moment before suddenly calling himself back on earth and gave an awkward nod. Seemingly finding the man amusing, she covered her mouth with a hand and giggled.

Fen finally turned around completely, facing her, and stared at the beautiful creature in front of him. It was the first time a pretty girl approached him, and even less such a fragile looking one. What surprised him the most was the hand she then offered to him. "I'm Yaran," she smiled and tilted her head, her angelic voice appeasing even the coldest night breeze.

"What a small hand," he thought as he slowly took it in his own. Fen didn't have very large hands, but they were still firm and his fingers were long enough to engulf hers. He also notice how cold hers were next to his owns. When Fen and Yaran let go of each other's hands, they stood awkwardly a moment. Then, the male finally asked the first question that had popped in his mind since they met:

"Do you need something?" He finally asked her. Yaran stared at the tester a moment before turning a deep shade of red, hiding the lower part of her face in the scarf she had around the neck. "Oh yeah... Um..." She looked in her pocket and got out something that Fen immediately recognized.

"I think this is yours, it probably fell from your pocket..." She quickly said and Fen took his wallet from her hand. He noted two things : one, there was a tattoo on her hand looking like a zero and a two. Second, his money was thankfully still all there.

"Well then, it was nice meeting you, mister Fen," she quickly bowed and rushed off like a maiden school girl, her ears flushed.

Fen stared at her silently before turning around and putting his wallet back in his pocket. 'What a weird girl...' He thought and a sudden thought hit him.

"How did she know my name?" He frowned, stopping in his track to look back at the road where the girl disappeared. "... Why was my wallet in her pocket?" He then blinked and patted his own where it now rested. Fen unconsciously found himself narrowing his eyes, staring at that same spot, the air seemingly growing colder around him, but he barely noticed the atmosphere his expression was creating. Though, the ringing of his phone made his cold aura disappear, breaking through his thoughts. He slowly took out the cellphone and stared at the screen.

"That same number?" He rose an eyebrow. "So it wasn't a mistake?" He thought and took the call after a moment of hesitation, bringing the phone to his ear. He took a deep breath and finally talked: "hello?"

"Yes? This is Watson Charles of Blue Orbs corporation, is this mister Fen?" A male voice blurt out in a very heavy accent. 'An American,' concluded Fen as he started walking back towards his apartment.

"Yes, this is Fen, how can I help you?"