epilogue

A/n: heeyy so i'm basing this off of the epilogue from this book series called the selection, (its literally amazing please read it) but yeah!!!!! enjoy :)

•Y/n's POV•

•4 years later•

My eyes adjusted to the sunlight shining through our bedroom window as I awoke. I noticed the clock on my dresser read 10:00, so I was actually awake early for once. Tyler's arms were draped around me, his head squished against my shoulder. His eyes were still closed, and I could still hear his steady quiet breaths. He looked too peaceful to wake up. So instead of violently shaking his shoulders as he normally did to me, I decided to rest again and snuggle into him.

Only a few minutes later, he started to stir. His eyes fluttered open as he slowly pushed himself up. I quietly watched as he yawned and stretched out his arms, until his elbow hit me right in my nose.

"Ouch," I whined, bringing my hand up to my nose. Tyler's eyes widened as he quickly turned around and noticed that I was awake.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry," he said frantically. He moved my hand away from my face and placed a gentle kiss to the tip of my nose. "Are you all right, darling?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I laughed at his overly caring tone. "Since it's your birthday, you have an exception." He smiled, getting out of our bed and walking towards the dresser.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked as I watched him sort through all of his clothes.

"No plans. The only place I want to be is right next to you," he replied, smirking as he turned around to face me. I grimaced at his poor attempt to be flirty and threw a pillow in his direction. He laughed, picking it up and throwing it back towards me.

"Your family is going to want to see you. And Josh and Mackenzie," I stated.

"Fine, they can come over for a bit," he responded. He walked back towards the bed, throwing himself on top of me. I looked up at his face hovering over mine, an innocent, cute smile crossing his face.

"Tyler, what are you doing?" I asked as he began to move my hands to my hips. He began tickling me, moving his hands up and down the sides of my body.

"Stop," I giggled, trying with all of my strength to push him off of me. Once he finally let up, I pushed him backwards on the bed, crawling on top of him.

"You know I'm not ticklish," he stated with a smirk. He was right, I did know that. I hated that I couldn't get my revenge on him.

Suddenly, he put his hands on my waist and pulled me down, so that our bodies were pressing against one another. He placed a kiss to my lips, pulling away with a sweet smile. I tried my best to attempt to look angry, but the pink on my cheeks gave it away.

"Hey, I'm the birthday boy," he giggled. "You can't be mad at me. He pressed his lips to mine for a quick second before doing it again. And again, and again. Sometimes I hated how sweet he was.

"Enough sweetness. Get ready," I said, hastily getting off of him. I grabbed his hand, pulling him off of the bed with me.

_______________________________

Later that day, we decided to go somewhere with Tyler's family. Josh and Mackenzie were invited too, of course. Afterwards, Tyler just wanted to relax at home with me, and I agreed.

We were lying on the couch, ours legs tangled together and a blanket wrapped around the both of us for warmth. It was the little moments like this that I loved the most.

I soon began to hear the sound of raindrops hitting against the window. I loved it when it rained. The sound was calming, and sometimes, I enjoyed standing outside and feeling it against my skin. Tyler looked over at me, a knowing smile on his face.

"Wanna go outside?" I asked with a hopeful smile. Tyler quickly stood up, holding his hand out. I gladly took it, and he led me to the back door.

He opened the door, the sound of rain instantly growing louder. We both walked out onto the cold concrete floor, our hair already wet from the heavy raindrops. He intertwined his fingers with mine, and left his other hand to rest against my waist. I put an arm around his neck, pulling him close. We swayed slowly to the sound of rain smacking against the ground.

"This is by far my favorite part of today," Tyler stated, drops of water dripping from his eyelashes. I smiled, staring into his starry brown eyes.

"It's about to get better," I told him. "I have a present for you."

"No, you didn't need to get me a present, darling," he argued, trailing his hand from my hip, all the way up to my cheek.

"Well, I'm afraid it's too late for that. It's already coming," I said, smiling as a confused look crossed his face.

"Coming? Like, when?"

"About 9 months," I answered.

"What did you order that could possibly take that long to come?" He asked, bewildered. I stared at him, trying to hint at him that he wasn't getting the picture. Soon enough, it clicked, and his eyes instantly widened. He put both of his hands on my cheeks gently, holding my head so that he could stare into my eyes.

"Are we..." he asked quietly, looking down to my stomach. "Are we having a baby?" I could only nod quietly in response, a smile crossing both of faces. Even though his face was completely wet, I could still tell that he was tearing up.

"Is it possible to be in even more in love as I was just a second ago?" He asked, pulling my face towards his. He pressed his lips to mine, giving me a passionate and beautiful kiss. He pulled away, stroking my cheek with his thumb. He pressed another innocent kiss to my lips. And another. And another.

"I love you, Ty," I smiled.

A/n:  the end :))

Anyway, I hope this was good enough, and I hope you enjoyed the story. Make sure to check out some of my other stuff too !! I have a josh x reader for all you josh stans out there and I'm working on a jyler story rn