•Y/n's POV•

I hadn't seen Tyler since yesterday. I told him I'd meet up with him in the park since he's not allowed here anymore. And I assume I can't go to his house either. My parents were being so unreasonable. They had known Tyler for just as long as I have, and suddenly they're mad at him for something as stupid as this.

I walked downstairs and went to the front door. As I was turning the handle on the door, my mom came in.

"Where are you going?" She asked accusingly:

"To the park," I replied, trying not to mention Tyler.

"For what?"

"No reason. I just want to go," I lied. "You know, I'm 23 years old. You can't tell me what I can and can't do anymore," I stated sassily.

"I can if you're living in this house," she said, and walked away. I ignored it and walked outside, excited to finally see Tyler.

Once I arrived at the park, I saw Tyler sitting on a swing in the distance. I smiled to myself and ran over to him.

"Tyler!" I called, still running towards him. He stood up and smiled.

I collapsed into his arms and he hugged me tightly. He kissed my cheek before letting go, and sat back down on the swing. I sat next to him.

"Tyler, we can't let them split us apart," I spoke, and looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I won't let them," he said faintly.

"What are we going to do?" I asked desperately.

"I- I don't know," he admitted, looking down. "But we'll figure it out. We're meant to be," he stated.

"How do you know we're meant to be?"

He opened his mouth slightly, searching for words. He looked back up at me and spoke.

"Because... if we weren't meant to be, then we wouldn't have became the best of friends back when we were 6. We wouldn't have managed to still be best friends when you moved away for college. We wouldn't have still been in love when you came back," he said, and leaned closer to move a piece of hair out of my face. He put two fingers under my chin and moved my face closer to his. "I really meant it when I said I'll love you forever and always," he spoke, and pressed his lips against mine.

I loved it when he kissed me, even if it was just a quick one on the cheek. Every time he kissed me, it felt like the very first time, and the very first time felt magical.

He pulled away and smiled cutely. He sat there for a few seconds, and jolted up off the swing.

"Tag... you're it!" He exclaimed, and tapped my shoulder as he ran off. I got up and ran after him.

"I'm gonna get you, Joseph!" I yelled, trying to catch up with him. He turned around while running and stuck out his tongue, only to turn back around and run into a tree. I burst out laughing as he stepped back and put his hand to his head.

"Ouch," I heard him murmur to himself.

"Aww, you okay Ty?" I asked, walking over to him, still laughing a bit to myself.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said, and put his arms out, wanting a hug. I fell into his arms and hugged him back, placing my head on his chest.

"Hey Tyler?" I called quietly, looking up at him.

"Hm?"

"You're it now," I laughed and ran out of his arms, running away from him.

"Dang girl, you got some skills," he giggled and ran after me.

Once it had started getting dark, we stopped running around and sat together in the grass. He had his arm wrapped around my back, and I had my head lying on his shoulder.

"I love you," he spoke, and kissed my cheek. "I love you, I love you, I love you," he said again, and kept repeatedly kissing me. He was so sweet.

"I love you too," I replied, smiling.

I looked up at the night sky. The moon was bright and full, and the stars surrounded it sparkled.

"The moon looks pretty," I said randomly.

"I think you would beat the moon in a pretty contest," he responded, and looked towards me smiling, his chocolate brown eyes shimmering.

"You didn't even look at the moon," I stated.

"I didn't need to," he smiled.

a/n- ayyy what's up. i finally posted the first part to the josh x reader story so you should go check it out :)