one

"Mingzhu, why are we even here?" Yanyu asks as we entered the couples' event. "Are you finally going to admit that we're a couple?"

I hit her arm making her shut up, "Do you wanna get kicked out?"

"I wanna go home," She pouts, crossing her arms.

I pulled her behind the bushes. It was a good thing the event was in the middle of the mall but there's still a barricade defending it.

"Now where are you?" I looked around and spotted him. The boy of my dreams. Even when his back is facing me, I still know who it is.

I can sense Yanyu mentally face palming herself, "You woke me up at 9 am for him?!"

"Sshh, he's sitting down."

"Of course he is!" Yanyu points at him. "I can perfectly see his figure move around in there."

"Excuse me, maam?" A guard suddenly showed up making us flinch. "Are you a crazy stalker or something?"

"What a straightforward question," Yanyu comments.

"Uhm, no -" I stuttered, trying to come up with an answer.

"Just tell him why we're here," My bestfriend whispered in my ear.

I widen my eyes, "Are you crazy?! And tell him what? That I'm spying on my crush? He might think I'm a stalker or something."

Yanyu furrowed her eyebrows, "But aren't you?"

"Ssh, I'll handle this." I moved forward and smiled at the guard. "Well, Mr. Guard, you see -"

I suddenly heard an announcement that the couples' event will play a game in a few minutes. Shit. I need to go inside.

From my peripheral vision, I spotted a familiar guy. I pulled him, not thinking of what he was gonna say. "Me and my boyfriend are going to enter the event."

"WHAT?!" Yanyu and the guy exclaimed, loudly.

"Yes," I said, nodding my head. "This is my boyfriend -"

I turned around and found myself face to face with none other than one of the famous guys in class. Oh shit.

He raised his eyebrow at me, waiting for me to say his name.

"This is Zhou Yanchen," I introduced him to the guard.

The guard nods, "Right this way, maam." He then left us, pointing at the entrance.

I sighed as I received multiple verbal words from Yanyu. And I swear some of it are not pretty. "What do you think you're doing?! What if people at school see you with him? What will they say???? Especially his bitchy girlfriend. No offense, Yanchen."

"Oh, none taken." Yanchen said, waving his hand. "We broke up. By the way, should I even ask what you've gotten me into?"

"This girl here went up another level of stalker." She adds.

"Look," I tried clearing the air. "My crush is in there. And he's courting this girl and -"

"You don't want them to be together, so you're stalking him but then the guard found out what you were doing so you introduced me as your fake boyfriend and now were entering the said event to keep the two apart," Yanchen cut me off. Practically explaining the whole thing.

"Wow." I nod. "I thought you were just some hot guy but you really understood it."

Yanchen smirked but before I could enter, he pulled me back, "Of course. I'm doing you a favor, right?"

"This is gonna end badly," Yanyu shook her head.

I knew Yanchen has something up his sleeve. He always asks for something in return, "What do you want me to do?"

"Hm, since I haven't eaten yet, you're paying for my meal when this is all over."

Yanyu leaned in, "If you say no, we can still get out of here."

I bit my lip. One meal, what's it gonna cost me anyway? It's not like Yanchen eats a lot -

"Hotpot."

I almost tripped over, "W-what did you just say?"

"I want hotpot. And I'm not eating it today. I'll come to you when I decide to have hotpot." Those were his last words before standing in front of the entrance of the event.

My mouth hung open, "What did I just do?"

Yanyu helped me close it, "I told you this would get ugly." She pushed me towards Yanchen and the guard let us in.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you," Yanchen said, putting his arms around my shoulders, "Your crush, Zheng Ruibin, is one of my closest friends."